I-130 Aproved, I-485 Still Pending, Question?

rajman 2

Registered Users (C)
We did our interview, everything went well. The IO needed couple more things from us to establish financial co mingling. However, she said that my name check is not done yet, and it could take several months for this to be done. She asked us to mail the additional papers, and as soon as the name check is done, I will receive the welcome letter and GC.

Two days later after the interview, I get a notice via email that the I-130 is approved. Does that indicate the name check is finished, and the only reason that the I-485 is still pending is because of the additional documents that she requested from us?

rajman 2 said:
We did our interview, everything went well. The IO needed couple more things from us to establish financial co mingling. However, she said that my name check is not done yet, and it could take several months for this to be done. She asked us to mail the additional papers, and as soon as the name check is done, I will receive the welcome letter and GC.

Two days later after the interview, I get a notice via email that the I-130 is approved. Does that indicate the name check is finished, and the only reason that the I-485 is still pending is because of the additional documents that she requested from us?
No, unfortunately, that's not what it means. :(
I-130 being approved only means that they got the proof of relationship between petitioner and applicant. In order for I-485 to be adjudicated, the USCIS needs to get a notice about your name check completion from FBI.
Good luck!