I-130 and I-601, is there a chance to come back to the US

barbara31

Registered Users (C)
I could not enter the US in 2000 ,where I tried to go back home with a B2 visa and my US born baby after visiting my friends outside the US. The border control has sent me back to Europe.They called it expedited removal. 3 month later I came back with a tourist visa , because the US was my home for many years already and did not know where to go. I married my long time boyfriend a year later. In Jan. 2007 the US customs came to our house and told me that I have to leave the country. They gave me 4 weeks time to organize everything , to apply for a passport for my little daughter and by the end of the month of Jan. we left. My husband has filed the I-130 form and after that is approved , a lawyer has to help us to file an I -601 for extreme hardship. My husband is very sick . He is suffering from heart illness and is a diabetic. Does anyone has experience if I really have a chance to go back home to my husband ,what will be the detailed steps to reach this goal and how long will it take.The US custom officer has told me, I am a criminal now because I had no rights to come back. Is that true. Please can somebody help me, what I can do.