I-129F/I-485 Question

tamz

I am Canadian and my fiancee is an American citizen. After we get married (March/April 2005) and I apply to adjust status, do I fill out the forms with my maiden name or my new married name? Also, do I file the status adjustment together or separately for myself and my daughter.

My fiancee and I, had an immigration lawyer do the I-129F petition for myself and my daughter, filing tickets stubs, pictures, wedding dress receipt, and all other evidence of our relationship for us, but to save on lawyer fee's we are doing the rest of the immigration process alone. (wedding & filing fee's, we can't afford the $1800.00 lawyer fee + filing fee's to adjust status)

I know I have to go to the US consulate in Montreal, Canada for my I-129F interview, but I am unaware of questions or documents they will ask/need, what to expect in general, and fee's during my interview process at the consulate.

I have downloaded the "affidavit of support" "biographic Info" "application for employment authorization" and "Application to register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status"..to see how complicated it is, and I believe I can fill and file the forms myself.

Please advise with any information you have..I need it, and appreciate any help anyone can provide :)

I got answers..

I signed up for Journeyvisa.com, and they were helpful, and i recieved many replys instantly..i recommend JourneyVisa.com forums for anyone who is still waiting for answers to their questions on ImmigrationPortal Forums.

tamz