Husband's income below the requirement!!!What happens

Yauheniya

Registered Users (C)
:confused: Hi everyone,
I have my interview next week in Nartford DO.Today I found out that there's a problem with tax returns for the last year. We had to update the affidavit of support using information for 2004 ('cos we filed all paperwork early in 2004 before the info was available). I never checked, because my husband accountant had all the information . ...can you imagine my surprise when I saw that he clamed only $3,500 income for that year. It's so much below the 125% requirement. So what happened is that my husband lost his job in the beginning of 2004 and started new computer business at the end of the year. He's self-employed now and makes good money, but we haven't filed 2005 taxes yet....I don't know what to do now....Is it going to be a problem?????
I work too, but I jus started in October 2005, It's a part-time, so I don't make a lot.
Did anyone else have a similar problem? How will it affect the interview?
I would appreciate any advise. Thanks.

I think you should get a joint sponsor, and take his I-864 with supporting documents (tax papers, recent paystab) with you to the interview in case they ask for it. Also, it would be great if you can somehow show your husband's current earnings.
Good luck!