Husband in jail, unable to attend AOS interview

Write a letter to Adjudicating officer in the District office who is handling your AOS application. Let them know that your husband is in Jail due to ___ kindly put AOS application (I-485) in abeyance till his release which is expected around _____ time. If he comes out of Jail earlier I will let you know.

As a petitioner you have right to ask for holding your petition in abeyance due to convincing reason.

i want to thank everyone who had sound advice to share, especially gazelle12, lucy and wenlock. I'll try and keep everyone posted with what happens next

What happened?

I am in the same situation. What did you do and how did it go? Please help!!

Hello everyone. I really need your help with this. My husband and I have been married for over 2 years now. We are both 23 (he is the US citizen) and I applied for adjustment of status in 2006. Our AOS interview is scheduled for July 12 2007 but my husband will be in jail serving an 18 month sentence during that time! Firstly , I’m scared and worried for him because he is going to jail in a few days. But I’m mad at him for leaving me like this…
Is there anyone that can tell me how this is going to affect the interview and its outcome?
Anyone faced this type of situation where your spouse could not attend the interview with you?
How do i handle this? I cant even afford a lawyer
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am in a similar situation. My citizen wife is in Jail for drugs. But her trail will be done very soon. Her mom and I engaged a attorney...Now I got the AOSinterview scheduled in a month..
So should I postpone it for few months? Because if she comes out and be on probation or sent to Rehab what shd I do.
She promised me she wouldn’t do this again.. not sure though..
Will uscis officer will have concern on this, will he reject our case.? When I married her she was good And later on due to some depression thinking about her past she got into drugs. We have joint utility bills, bank account, lease, IRS filing. I have a good salary package. Also we are planning to start our own business..but she keeps traveling to her mom’s place where her daughter also lives. (Thats where she have lot bad friends with drugs) So will that be a problem. What are the chances our cases can be judged based on her drug issues..