Huracan I-485 Approved AD:Feb 21st, RD 07/05/2002

Huracan

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I was getting a bit anxious after the June and July approvals lately, so this morning I called an IIO for the first time to find out the status of my application. I got a nice IIO that after giving the receipt number and personal info asked me what I wanted to know. I said I wanted to know if the application was adjudication ready or with an officer. She asked me if I wanted to get good news or bad news. I said I\'d rather hear good news, and she told me my case has been approved on Feb 21st. Unfortunately I couldn\'t find out the status for the rest of my family, but considering that most family cases are approved together I assume they are fine.

Thanks to all the people that contribute their experiences and work to this board, specially to PCee, Ciba, and many others.

I hope your approvals will get soon, for me, I\'ll wait to get the notice in the mail, and I\'ll share my passport experience.

Although my information is readily available in PCee tracking website, I\'ll post the more important dates.

Country other than China, India
City: San Jose
Category EB3 (RIR)
WAC 01-268
MD: Jul 3, 2002
RD: Jul 5, 2002
ND: Aug 28, 2002
FP: Done in San Jose on Jan 11, Scheduled for Feb 8
AD: Feb 21st, 2002 according to IIO(waiting for notice in the mail and AVM change). I checked AVM yesterday and was still on Jan 17 process was resumed.

It seems the INS giant is waking up and picking up speed, let\'s hope it continues with this trend and can reduce the backlog as much as possible.

Good luck to everyone.
Huracan

Congratulations, Huracan! Now you don\'t have to think about your sweeping theory anymore!

My mistake, you are right

Oh, well, you can understand I was still excited about the news I just found. It is right MD, RD and ND are 2001. FP is 2002.

I was coming up with a new one actually :)

I was thinking about comparing the 485 process with a multiple process operating system. Not that I consider myself an authority in this subject, but I was going to make some comparisons about swapping cases in and out like processes in an operating system. I mean a case would be like a process in an operating system. Perhaps someone would like to elaborate on this. The main point was thinking how the INS computing power (including humans) could be optimized.
Thanks Dee Rod, I include you in the people to be thanked for contributions to this board along so many others, like GreenDesi and rsrgc.

Huracan - Congrats and thanks for following silent_waiters format.

Hope everybody follows ur example

Huracan maybe u would like to think of INS as a huge supercomputer

and also the world as a huge huge supercomputer

swapping processes

wow

just kidding

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
:)
:)

No Title

Congratulations, also thankyou for posting your name in the subject of this thread.

-PCee

For those who are interested in tracking this things

I got all the notices in the mail for me and my family a few hours after finding about my approval through an IIO. The AD is Feb 21, as the IIO told me, postmark for the letter is Feb 22, and I got it today Feb 25.

Good luck to everyone waiting. I guess I\'ll go for stamp this week, and I\'ll post my experience. After that I hope to see all of you soon at the After the green card thread.

Cheers.

Passport stamped today at San Jose INS

No big problems, except I was quite lucky to squeeze in when they had run out of numbers. It took a while to get our turn. Then my wife and son went with an officer, and I went with another, different ticket number. My officer asked for Advanced parole and EAD, my wife\'s one didn\'t, so she keeps that as a memento. The whole thing was fast, just gave him the courtesy copy, passport (I-94 and H1 were inside) and the 2 pictures, then he asked a bit later for EAD, and AP. Write A# in the form, sign and put fingerprint, and get the stamp.

He asked me about my address and my parents names after he had made a comment that my signature was easy to forge :) I guess he felt as he had to make sure I was who I said I was. For my wife the officer seemed much nicer, no questions asked at all.

The stamp is valid for 6 months as many other have said lately, let\'s hope this is a sign I\'ll get the plastic card soon.

I don\'t remember anything more of interest, except that there is parking space at the back of the building, going south on Monterey, turn right immediately after INS building, and go pretty much all the way down on that street past the construction zone.

I did the pictures this time at Sansome, on 1196 S. 2nd , just in the junction of 2nd street and 1st/Monterey.

Hope this info helps someone. I hope to see you all soon at the after the green card forum. Good luck to everyone.

Sorry, I don\'t know, but . . .

. . . I found this phone number in the Internet (408) 275-0290, There is another Sansome photo in downtown San Jose, they seem to be the same business, and maybe one of them opens on Saturday. The one in downtown is in Sansome Photos, 325 S. First Street, phone number is the same.

Approval notices per day

I forgot to mention this. As me and my family were pretty much the last ones to come in at the INS office, I could get some idea of how many people was doing Approval notices. Of course, this is a very indirect measure, and I am assuming that the ticket number series I had was only for approval notices.

Came in close to 9 am, couple of other approval notices still came behind me. When I came in they were serving ticket 317, and only one window open for that number series (they have 4 or 5 different ticket number series depending of the type of case). According to my number, adding the couple more behind me, and estimating the ones before, from 7:30 to 9 I would come with approximately 45-50, not bad for a slow day as it is Thursday (for those who don\'t know yet the San Jose office closes earlier on Thursday). Granted perhaps some of these are not employment cases, and some maybe were not going for stamping, but on many I saw from the distance they were doing the I-89 step of finger print and signature.

My 2 cents