Hung up on stupid Officer!

Sorry guys, but I am still upset and nervous, I called the 800 number and got transfered to an officer at a service center, all i wanted was to ask her why I hav enot recieved an approval notice on my I-485. I went to my interview in Jan 27, 2005 and was told that I was approved. I even got stamp on my passport. But I did not recieve anything else. This idiot officer was just so rude and she talked to me like I am a piece of dirt.

I cursed her and hung the phone!!!!

As I said, i am not proud of it, but do you guys think she can retaliate againist me in some way.

Thanks!

u sure she was an immigration officer not just a second level rep? my experience is that second level call center representatives are kinda rude. I talked once with an Immigration officer and he was pretty proffessional and respectfull.
Did you give your personal information?
Since you already have the stamp, i dont think they can do much.

In COPS shows, I hear people cursing all the time at police officers and nothing happens to them:), I dont think they can do anything to you.

I agree with too_long

I agree with what too_long has said about immigration officers. When you call them and get to talk to an IO, they're usually polite and are willing to answer any questions that you have regarding your application. I am talking from experience since I already called TSC twice to inquire about the status of my application. The first one I talked with was a lady and she was nice to me, the second one was a male officer and much even nicer. Actually, the male IO sounded like he lacked sleep so I couldn't help but smile while talking to him. No sign of rudeness whatsoever. BTW, after each inquiry...my LUD would change however the message remained the same. At least, this LUD change gives me some hope .

Just take it easy; You got your Stamp on the passport. Why do you need the approval notice? Just wait for the GC. You could travel anywhere with the stamp on the passport. So why try to jeprodize :D

mydaywillcome said:
Sorry guys, but I am still upset and nervous, I called the 800 number and got transfered to an officer at a service center, all i wanted was to ask her why I hav enot recieved an approval notice on my I-485. I went to my interview in Jan 27, 2005 and was told that I was approved. I even got stamp on my passport. But I did not recieve anything else. This idiot officer was just so rude and she talked to me like I am a piece of dirt.

I cursed her and hung the phone!!!!

As I said, i am not proud of it, but do you guys think she can retaliate againist me in some way.

Thanks!

true

you have a stamp on ur passport. You have no reason to curse and rant. I dont think they can do anything at this stage anyway

Take what you get ...

mydaywillcome,

After what I have gone through so far with the USCIS I can understand how you could have been pushed to act the way that you did with the officer but whats the point? The truth of the matter is that these officers and everyone else in the USCIS knows that we cannot do anything and that our futures are in their hands. This must make them feel really powerful indeed. With power comes utter disregard for the way they treat filers. I am not saying that every officer is like that but the majority could care less. We just have to choose our battles wisely. Our day will come sooner or later. We shouldn't make it easy for them to let us defeat ourselves ..

saras76

Last edited by a moderator: