How would processing times be affected by March 1st DHS take over of INS ?

virup

Registered Users (C)
How would processing times be affected by March 1st DHS take over of INS ?

Will INS go into hibernation or is already in that mode ? Any news ? How about changes to name/ titles , and ofcourse the training period that will furthur delay processing ?

Without disruption

As reported on immigration-law.com:

02/13/03: Transition of Immigration Services from INS to BCIS and Continuing Services for Public Without Disruption

This website reported quite earlier that DHS had announced that there would be no disruption of services when DHS takes over the INS and people would not be able to see the change as the services would be operated the way it had been operated under the name of the INS. However, apparently, there is a rumor going around that the INS field offices will be closed on March 1, 2003 as the INS will be abolished on that date. The INS has confirmed to the AILA that such rumor is "absolutely false." According to the INS, all of the current INS offices including the Service Centers, local district offices, asylum offices, fingerprinting offices (ASC), and other offices will operate exactly the way they have been operating and at least for quite a while, other than the name change, people will not be able to see any changes including the service officers.
The INS website has served the immigrant community "superbly" and it appears that the web site will continue the same services under a different web site name. The new name will be www.BCIS.gov. This new web address will not work probably until the transition is completed at the end of this month.

It's the same people (same location, same office) processing our cases. No changes. Just the name change.

I think they will send everyone's case back to them and say that since INS no longer exists, we cannot apply to them. We will have to reapply to (and pay) the DHS.

Kanna he's just joking.
Nothing will change but the policies will. Their way of looking at a case approving or geenrating RFE or whatever will change drastically. We will see a change in thepattern. Hopefully they'll become more efficent rather than regress to oblivion.

GeeCee,
Yes of course I'm kidding. I think a little humor in times like this are useful.
I hope things will get better.

Originally posted by KennyGH
GeeCee,
Yes of course I'm kidding. I think a little humor in times like this are useful.
I hope things will get better.

Let's hope for it. I don't think anything is going to change drastically.

Re: Without disruption

Originally posted by GC012002
According to the INS, all of the current INS offices including the Service Centers, local district offices, asylum offices, fingerprinting offices (ASC), and other offices will operate exactly the way they have been operating and at least for quite a while, other than the name change, people will not be able to see any changes including the service officers.

oh man, i was hoping that they would actually improve at least a bit. i certainly hope they don't operate the same as before since we all know how that goes....

Probably won't have big changes at first.
I heard even HP CEO was hired as consultant of this merge.

But sure we'll see many RFEs, since it's more than 14 months of processing time, INS will ask for pay stubs more frequently.

This is my prediction:

As you guys already know that, INS has two branch, enforcement and benefit. The future plan of DHS is more with enforcement not the benefit branch. They are more busy now a days to catch illegals rather then issuing GC. They are careless about benefit branch which actually issue GC.

So my prediction is approval process will be more time consuming and strict in future.

Re: This is my prediction:

Originally posted by habib
As you guys already know that, INS has two branch, enforcement and benefit. The future plan of DHS is more with enforcement not the benefit branch. They are more busy now a days to catch illegals rather then issuing GC. They are careless about benefit branch which actually issue GC.

So my prediction is approval process will be more time consuming and strict in future.

This my friends was written by a Pharma R&D manager!!!
I pity the US Patent office and future patients! :D