How would I know if my 140 is revoked

GRamesh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My 140 was approved in Dec 2001 and I filed 485 in Mar 2002. i recently changed jobs using AC21. If my old company revokes my 140 how would I know about it. Will the status of my approved 140 be changed to revoked or something like that. or will my new lawyer get any letter saying that happened.
thanks for your input.
-ramesh

GRamesh, FYI,

AC 21 Change of Employer and Issue of Pending I-140 in Concurrent Filing

As people know, the USCIS released a memorandum on August 4, 2003 concerning the validity of I-140 under the AC 21 180-day rule. Among others, the memorandum stipulated that under the AC 21, the I-140 would remain valid if the I-485 applicant changes employment after 180 days of filing of I-485, no matter whether the employer withdraws the original I-140 petition.
Caveat: Where the I-140 is still pending in the I-140/I-485 concurrent filing after 180 days of filing of I-485, USCIS opined that the so-called Yates' memo of August 4, 2003 does not apply. This leaves a number of questions wide open in the concurrent filing where I-140 adjudication drags on. Obviously, the first question should be whether the I-485 applicant will be allowed to change employment after 180 days of filing when I-140 is still pending. The other question is whether the I-140 petition would remain valid, should the original employer withdraw the I-140 petition for the purpose of substitution of the employee.
Conservative view dictates that the answer could be "negative."

The USCIS said that it would release a separate memorandum on this issue. Until such separate memorandum is released, it may be prudent for the I-485 filers to take a extra precaution before they decide to jump to a new employer.