How useless to call IIO...!

gutterboy

Registered Users (C)
This morning, called IIO asking my status. She's nice, polite, but didn't provide one single bit useful information. "That's all I got... I cannot issue an inquiry... please call back in 30 to 60 days...you can check the informatin on the web..."

With a computer and a phone, I can be an IIO. But my temper may not be good. :D

sorry they see the same info as u when the check the computer. maybe might improve when they go back to old system of each service center starts to work. :(

Time to outsource that to India! :) Why spend more money getting BS when you can get the same BS for cheap? Instead use the money saved to increase the number of case officers! :)

gutterboy said:
This morning, called IIO asking my status. She's nice, polite, but didn't provide one single bit useful information. "That's all I got... I cannot issue an inquiry... please call back in 30 to 60 days...you can check the informatin on the web..."

Unlike bank/credit card company/DMV or any other organization, an USCIS customer support knows what you already know. They don't have any additional access, authority or information. They could be helpful for those who does not have internet access. But for us who can check the status online, they are useless.

Outsourcing?

140_takes_4ever said:
Time to outsource that to India! :) Why spend more money getting BS when you can get the same BS for cheap? Instead use the money saved to increase the number of case officers! :)

May just get that wish INS is soliciting for bids

"A-76 Immigration Information Officers (IIO) Study Solicitation, No. USCIS-A-76 In FY 2004, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will be soliciting proposals for the potential sources to provide various citizenship and immigration information services. The following documents and/or links pertain to that solicitation:"

http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/procurement/index.htm

What a waste of man power

Not sure how many people are working at the customer service center, if most of them are doing useless things like repeating the same online status back to me, they might as well be put into adjudicating the cases; I think majority of the poeple are calling to get the behind scene info for the case or, if not keep their cases moving; no one want to hear about the same crap in the automatic system.

Anyone tried the CSC emergency line?

I tried the emergency line 949 389 3007. Good thing is that someone picks up the phone right away but I was told that only attorneys can use that number.

gutterboy said:

Call someone who can give you useful information regarding your case. Good luck!