How USCIS process I-485? - General information

Niceone2004

Registered Users (C)
General information on How USCIS process I-485?

Got that from another web site for your information:

EMPLOYMENT-BASED PREFERENCES

First: Priority Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level, plus any numbers not required for fourth and fifth preferences.

Second: Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level,
plus any numbers not required by first preference.

Third: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide level, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences, not more
than 10,000 of which to "Other Workers."

Fourth: Certain Special Immigrants: 7.1% of the worldwide level.

Fifth: Employment Creation: 7.1% of the worldwide level, not less than 3,000 of which reserved for investors in a targeted rural or high-unemployment area, and
3,000 set aside for investors in regional centers by Sec. 610 of P.L. 102-395.

Country wise quota for Employment Based Categories.
Per Country
140000 (worldwide) * (7% per country)

EB 1
9800 * (28.6%)
2802.8 plus any numbers not required for fourth and fifth preferences.

EB 2
9800 * (28.6%)
2802.8 plus any numbers not required by first preference.

EB 3
9800 * (28.6%)
2802.8 plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences, not more than 10,000 of which to Other Workers.

EB 4
9800 * (7.1%)

EB 5
9800 * (7.1%)

Queue For I485 (Employment Based)
We have no source to substantiate the following information. The queue for adjudication is set based on Receipt Date of your I485 application (No matter which country and category). When your application hits the Immigration Officer's hand, he/she looks for following:

1. Priority Date is current or not? If yes, then next step. If no, then keep the application aside.
2. Quota for your country of Birth and EB category is available or not? If yes, then adjudicate. If no, then keep the application aside.

=================================================
Link to the web site:
http://www.indiaehub.com/immigration/forms.asp

Last edited by a moderator: