How to verify the LIN Numbers

2005user

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

You guys on the forums are terrific. I really thank you for all your comments.

My employer is refusing to give the copies of I-140, I-485 receipt notices. He just gave LIN numbers for I-140, I-485s over the phone. I got EAD and AP. I have the Finger prints notice but it didnt have have LIN number on it.
Is there a way to verify the LIN numbers I have are indeed mine?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140

Legally no body can refuse to give the I-485 receipt to you.
Did he send you an e-mail stating your numbers? If so it is fine. Send a reply e-mail asking the receipts if he does not give you one than you can take legal action in future if needed.
Press that guy man.

2005user said:
My employer is refusing to give the copies of I-140, I-485 receipt notices. He just gave LIN numbers for I-140, I-485s over the phone. Is there a way to verify the LIN numbers I have are indeed mine?

485 receipt should have come to Ur home address, unless Ur attorney did not provide Ur home address.
Ask Ur attorney for the copy of 485 receipt -- he should provide U this, 140 receipt he/she will provide only with a permission of Ur company.

who paid the fees for 140 & 485.. If you paid for it .. ask the bank to send the back of the check ... it will have Ur LIN number.

open an account at -- https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

enter Ur LIN's ... it will tell U on what date it was received at USCIS and what type of document it is (140 or 485 etc)... verify that .. the date etc.
You U have applied concurrently both 485 and 140 should have the same date.

After U did the Biometrics -- the next day there should be a LUD in Ur 485 .. check that..

Another Idea is -- call the National Customer Service Center and tell them that U want to verify Ur address... They will ask U for LIN and A#. Tell them and they will check Ur address.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you JustJC007,Nadi for your posts.

I already created the Portfolio with the LIN numbers at USCIS site. As you know, the status messages for a LIN number just says the received date... but doesnt tell you the applicant's name.. etc.

I guess calling the USCIS is the best option I have. Just for the record, I never come acorss the worst human being other than my employer in my whole life.And pity is that I cant do anything because of my pending I-140&I-485.

Best Regards.