how to tell whether it is EB2or EB3 based on case number?

qiuchan

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have a general questions regarding the case numbers in the I-140 scan file.
Is there a way to tell whether which one is EB2 case and which one is EB3 case?
EB2 and EB3 cases have different processing speed. So if we can tell the difference, we can make a better prediction.
Also I am curious whethe the case numbers listed are all from labor certificates to I-140, but not NIW or EB1? How do you tell the difference?
Thanks.

I guess it is not possible to tell whether a case is EB2 or EB3 from the LIN number, because it is a running serial number, and when the INS enters the petition details in the computer once they receive, it give the next available number to the case.

I don't know if the EB1 category also follows the same queue.

OK, it seems clear to me that we can not tell whether it is EB2 or EB3.
Then how can we know the case number we are scanning could be some NIW or EB1 that may take more than 1 year to process?
Can the person who create the Excel files tell us how he/she got those case number and whether those are all from Labor certificate?
Thanks.

qiuchan,

Let me explain what I understood.
The first 5 digits of the LIN are like YYDDD. This says it is filed on DDD'th day from 1st October of YY-1 year.
Ex: LIN0401350xxx is filed on 13th day after 1st Oct 03. This is the filing date of the petition.

In the scanner, we input the date such as 04-013, and then a range such as 50001-50999, which mostly covers all the applications received. When we run the macro from excel scanner, it opens the browser to online case status url, and queries for all the numbers from 50001 thru 50999. From the result, if it sees the word I-140, then it captures the record details into the excel sheet.

Since we are searching for a particular date, there won't be any cases pending for indefinite period.

Hope this helps.

jaiganesh ,

There are approxinmately 5800 cases for LIN-04-013 dates , i checked randomly and anything ( approx ) after the above case # are going over to a different RD date.

So i guess they receives a lot of applications for many reasons....

just my cents.

guys,following up on the original posting,how can one tell if his/her case is for CP or for AOS? i have seen people add this category in the I-140 tracker..but does the officer actually know (based on one's case) whether his last stage is CP or AOS or concurrent filing?

Well. I just looked at the copy of my application packet sent to Mr. Terry Way. And the cover letter from my lawyer clearly indicates in bold, that my 140 and my AOS applications are being filed concurrently.

But the Form I140 itself does not appear to have any mention of this information.

If the application packet were to be split into 140 and 485 at the processing center, I wonder how they can keep track of the type of application? Man, wouldn't it be sweet to know the process that CIS uses internally.