How to Submit N-400 form?

deep58

Registered Users (C)
Quick questions:

[1] Shall I paper clipped all forms and photograph?

[2] Which postal service to use?

Thanks

Hi Deep58!

I replied to you post under the other thread as well.

As far as I am concerned, I would avoid USPS like the plague! Use FedEx or UPS instead. USPS does not guarantee their Priority Mail delivery time and in case something happens to your mail, good luck working that out with USPS.

I sent mine - the idiot that I am at times - via USPS Priority Mail on January 11th. Guess what? It took them OVER A WEEK to deliver it. Yeah, great service!!!

Best,
Nico

1) Paper clip is perfectly ok - assemble everything in order and its helpful to put a cover letter with the application.

2) I used fedex but if using USPS I would send it certified mail . Both are for peace of mind that has arrived and been signed for. Note* When I fedexed my app to VSC they are held at a seperate location and someone comes and picks them up each day - this may be the case at other service centers but not to worry!

Good luck!

LegalAlien99 said:
Hi Deep58!

I replied to you post under the other thread as well.

As far as I am concerned, I would avoid USPS like the plague! Use FedEx or UPS instead. USPS does not guarantee their Priority Mail delivery time and in case something happens to your mail, good luck working that out with USPS.

I sent mine - the idiot that I am at times - via USPS Priority Mail on January 11th. Guess what? It took them OVER A WEEK to deliver it. Yeah, great service!!!

Best,
Nico

USPS never guarantee their priority mail service. an individual's dumb assumption or action does not reflect to the service from USPS. geez..
if an indvidual needs to have guarantee and affordable service, he/she should use USPS express mail.

I wonder if ppl would blame on USPS express mail service for applying passport!

ocworker said:
USPS never guarantee their priority mail service. an individual's dumb assumption or action does not reflect to the service from USPS. geez..
if an indvidual needs to have guarantee and affordable service, he/she should use USPS express mail.

I wonder if ppl would blame on USPS express mail service for applying passport!

Remember that little lawsuit USPS lost a few years back? BECAUSE they were comparing their Priority Mail Service to UPS and FedEx. I don't work for neither of them, but have had bad experiences with USPS all along. The latest being that our local mail man did not take the time to carefully read the address forwarding request I had submitted at www.usps.gov . The forwarding was supposed to be effective starting FEBRUARY 25th, yet he thought we had already moved because "most people don't request a forwarding request a month in advance". What kind of answer is that??? If I wish to file the request with an effective date six months from now, I should very well be able to rely on the delivery guy/gal to READ what the notice says.

Oh well..we should not get side tracked here...is not USCIS and CITIZENSHIP the topic of this forum? ;-)?

Cheers,
Nico