How to make sure BCIS update my address for my case?

sundog0324

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I sincerely appreciate your help in advance.

I did concurent filing back in 2002. Then I moved to another state, but still in VSC district. I mailed AR11 when I move. My question is: How can I make sure that BCIS update the address on my cases? So that further notices can be send to my new address?

Thanks

How to make sure BCIS update my address for my case?

Hi

you can call 1-800-375-LATE which is 1-800-375-5283 and tell them that you called to change address on your pending cases.

They will ask all pending applications EAC numbers, and New address, OLD address.

If you are doing for you family also ( wife, KID) make sure that you call from home, they will talk to your family (Wife) to check is it ok for her.... once she say OK, you can give EAC, address etc....

They said in 30 days I will get letter confirming the address change.

They said even if you send AR -11 still you need to go through this process .

thanks

calling is the best

I did the same thing. It seemed to work. My wife has to call seperately though.

They will need your alien no., recipt no., old address etc. Just keep your recipt/EAD handy.

Originally posted by sundog0324
Dear all,

I sincerely appreciate your help in advance.

I did concurent filing back in 2002. Then I moved to another state, but still in VSC district. I mailed AR11 when I move. My question is: How can I make sure that BCIS update the address on my cases? So that further notices can be send to my new address?

Thanks

There are 3 ways
[1] Call them -> Call them and inform about your address change
[2] Call them -> Call them and ask them to verify your address
[3] Call them -> Call them every month and verify it again.

Welcome to the wonderful world of US Immigration.

hth

dyno

Re: Re: How to make sure BCIS update my address for my case?

Originally posted by dynobuoy

There are 3 ways
[1] Call them -> Call them and inform about your address change
[2] Call them -> Call them and ask them to verify your address
[3] Call them -> Call them every month and verify it again.

Welcome to the wonderful world of US Immigration.

hth

dyno

If we use postoffice forwarding to new address, wont it be enough, as theyll forward EAD/FP etc?

Re: Re: Re: How to make sure BCIS update my address for my case?

Originally posted by njguy007
If we use postoffice forwarding to new address, wont it be enough, as theyll forward EAD/FP etc?

Not really. Some delivery people / post master looks at the sender and if it is a federal goverment letter they usually don't forward the mail.

hth
dyno

As per the INS rules, POST office should not forward the mail which comes from INS.....but I saw some of them got forwarded

Don't Take Chance---

Best way is to UPDATE the address, its 5 min JOB once they come on to phone.....