• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

how to know when visa number is current?

chutgur

Registered Users (C)
hey guys my case number is 2011AS000330XX. my question is when should i send my i-485 to chicago lockbox? this coming october 2010 or next year october or am i late? is there any specific time period that i must send my documents to the USCIS. tnx for ur help.

hey guys my case number is 2011AS000330XX. my question is when should i send my i-485 to chicago lockbox? this coming october 2010 or next year october or am i late? is there any specific time period that i must send my documents to the USCIS. tnx for ur help.

chutgur,
i suggest strongly that you read these 2 threads - 2010 aos only and 2011 aos only. you will find a lot of information in these threads. by the time you finish reading them, you will have a greater understanding of the entire process and what is required to be successful. i know that you have many questions ... i was there before. therefore, take my advice ... read first!

to answer your question:
the visa bulletin (vb) published every month around 10th to 15th by uscis tells you what cn's are current. if your cn falls below the cut off, you are current. you can only send in your i485 when you see your number current in the 'advance notification' section of the vb. your cn is large, so based on past years' statistics it is likely you will only be current in aug or sept. the fiscal year end of the dv lottery is end of sept. no visas will be issued after that. do not submit your i485 package too early ... it will get rejected.