How to get visa issuance reciprocity fee BACK ?

sunil_verma

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I applied for revalidation of my H1B few months back and it was refused under section 221(g). While applying I had send Visa application fee & Visa issuance reciprocity fee. In case of refusal we get the Visa issuance reciprocity fee back… I was expecting DoS to send the fee back to me, but it had been few months and I received nothing from them.

Can anyone please tell me how to get this fee back, What is required from my side ?

-Sunny :confused:

Hmmm strange.

They should have send you the visa fee back. Send them a fax and see what they have to say about it.

Can you please specify the reson for your visa denial.

The 221(g) says that I should appear for an interview in the US consulate in my country. The reason maybe that I marked YES for Q38 in form DS-156 (bcoz of my DUI conviction), but if there is any other reason for refusal I do not know that.

Well .. i dont think DUI Conviction might be the cause for the rejection
Even though people got this DUI .. they are getting greencards it self .. May be your documentation is not sufficient ..Did they mention about any thing when sent back your papers ?????

Originally posted by sunil_verma
The 221(g) says that I should appear for an interview in the US consulate in my country. The reason maybe that I marked YES for Q38 in form DS-156 (bcoz of my DUI conviction), but if there is any other reason for refusal I do not know that.

You will get your reciprocity fee back separately from 221 (g). I forgot how long, but guess probably a month. You won't get your $100 processing fee back though.