How to get to talk to live rep?

aa2zz

I'm trying to reach the rep at uscis, to get the current status of my case. when I'm calling 1-800-375-5283 followed by menu options 1-2-6, it ask for my LIN# then says "due to some temprory problem in the system we can't access your file, call back after some time" This is the recorded msg I get whenever I call them(today I called at 8:30am)

Did anyone get to talk to live rep? what menu option did u use?

Thanks

aa2zz said:
I'm trying to reach the rep at uscis, to get the current status of my case. when I'm calling 1-800-375-5283 followed by menu options 1-2-6, it ask for my LIN# then says "due to some temprory problem in the system we can't access your file, call back after some time" This is the recorded msg I get whenever I call them(today I called at 8:30am)

Did anyone get to talk to live rep? what menu option did u use?

Thanks

I had the same problem yesterday, but it went away when I called again 5 minutes later.

To talk to a live person, do the 1 2 6 options, listen to the status of your case and then follow the instructions. You will be prompted to chose from several options. Pick whichever applies to your case.

I hope this helps!

Sometimes you won't be prompted with these options if you cant find status of your case due to the "problem" mentioned above. You may want to try to get through using a LIN-XXX that CAN be found in the system, then these options will be there for you :) Good luck!

Mr. Green said:
I had the same problem yesterday, but it went away when I called again 5 minutes later.

To talk to a live person, do the 1 2 6 options, listen to the status of your case and then follow the instructions. You will be prompted to chose from several options. Pick whichever applies to your case.

I hope this helps!