How to get the passport early in New Delhi

sam012007

Registered Users (C)
My mother's passport was applied on October 31st 2003 from New Delhi through normal process.

I am going to India on December 9th and planning to bring her here with me on 29th December.

The problem is since she doesn't have the passport yet, I can not take an appointment with US Consulate for Visitor Visa.

We tried to use the "TATKAL" scheme but there were too many requrements for that, and could complete them at that time.

Can somebody guide me how to get the passport early.

Really sorry to post this in immigration issues forum, but this is the only place where I can get the answers quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it once

Goto Patiala House/ Passport Control Office. Speak to the Assistant PRO there and explain him the situation. Once he is satisfied he will fax the concerned passport officer with instructions.

I think there is an option to get passport in one day in India. Pay some amount like Rs. 5000 fee (I mean not illegally to somebody, but to the India Passport Office itself) they will issue same day. I am not kidding. Somewhere I hear this. Just enquire.

Its called "TATKAL SEVA" and they charge Rs.1500 for that and give the passport in 10 days, but you have to prove that its an absolute emergency, and they need too many documents for that, and it will take more then a month to prepare those documents.