how to get my gc from abandoned spouse

mountcarmel

My husband took my Gc when we went to india and now refusing to return it. His family wants me to divorce him and they don't want me to have anything that I'm supposed to get as alimony. We left to India in early part of2003 (there was no indication that he wanted me to leave) and we had a home in arizona which we had put up for sale. I know there's been a sale pending on it right now. Please help me as how i can get My GC back? will it be illegal for him to forge my signature for the house.? Is there anyway I can come to US and get all my belongings. i have my pasport. I'm still in India. Can he cancel My green card? can i go to emabassy and get it?

Please reply ASAP

Thanks in advance

I believe you can go to the US Embassy and apply for replacement. Your passport should have the I 551 stamp which shows your A#. You should use this A# in cimmunicating with the Embassy. I suggest you send the Consular Section an email telling them that you need a replacement card or re-entry permit. You can look up the web site of the Consulate the serves the area where you live on "state.travel.gov"

I hope other member could give other ideas and insight.

Good Luck