How to Get GC for Daughter Staying in India?

NallaRaj

Registered Users (C)
I applied for AOS in the US and I got the 485 approval.
At the time of applying my I485, I had also applied I 824 for the purpose of INS informing Chennai Consulate regarding my approval so that my daughter can apply for her green card. I got the receipt for I 824 but not yet the approval notice.
My attorney had asked us to file OF-230 and OF-169 at Chennai consulate along with a copy of my I-485 approval.

I seek information from those who had gone through this process.

Also I would like to know the process of submitting the above applications and fixing up appointments at Chennai consulate. Since my daughter would be turning 21 within the next two months, I have to get this done expeditiously.

Would greatly appreciate detailed responses.

Thanks
NallaRaj

don\'t wait for I824

Your attorney is correct. Just fill in those forms and send it to the consulate with a nice cover letter highlighting that your daughter will become 21 in few months. Along with it send copy of your approval, I-551 stamp. Make sure the A# is clear. I hope your consulate is not overworked one.

Eventhough having I824 approval is authoritative, you don\'t have to wait for I824. It is for people trying to cause overwork to INS by switching from AOS to CP.

good luck

Thanks Naja

Thanks Naja,

Your mail just reflected my action plan. My brother-in-law is sending the forms to Chennai Consulate on 3/18

Thanks again
Nalla Raj