How to get an affadavit here in USA?

gcrelated2003

Registered Users (C)
I have a strange issue again. My lawyer is asking me to submit all the experience documents(for I-140) with a standard format or an affadavit from one of the collegue. One of the companies i worked earlier in india is not responding to my request hence i have to go for an affadavit and most of the people i know from that company now lives in USA. So my questions i how to get an affadavit here in USA? what is the procedure and how to get it done. Are there any other ways to get around this issue. Any suggestion will be of a great help. Please respond...

Last edited by a moderator:
It is called as Notarization. You can do it at any Bank Or at AAA offices. Search for Notary Public in your area. You will get one..

Don't have to notarize

An affidavit does not necessarily have to be notarized. I had submitted affidavits and my lawyer did not want them notarized.
HTH

thanks sb_tiger

Hello sb_tiger,
Thanks for the information,
Also can you give me some more information as to what do you mean by not notorizing. Did you took on a plain paper or what? Now the problem i have is this person is somewhere in other part of the us compare to where i live. Do i need to send him the document or as long as we have understanding it should not be problem. I hope you get what i am asking. please let me know as i am getting stuck by this one damm letter.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks tammy2

Thanks tammy2 for the valuable information. I have done notorization couple of times at my local back and was not aware that it is equivalent of affadavit. My local banks always try to compare with the documents that i have and Since my friend lives in other part of US how i will be able to get the letter notorized.
Is it done on a regular paper here as i know in india you have the "STAMP Paper" on which you do the notary. Please let me know as this one document is delaying my process.
Thanks again.

Affidavit is nothing but sworn statement. I think self-sworn statement is also accepted.
It is like at the end all the forms we write that what ever we are stating is true.
At the time of filing my papers our attorney asked me to send him a letter stating that all the documents are authenticated. I do not remember the exact wordings. May be your attorney is also asking for similar thing. If that is the case it need not notarized. Just ask your attorney to send how he wants it. He may guide you.

thanks tammy2 again,

Hello Tammy2,
thanks again for the clarification, but i think you missed my point. My lawyer has given me the format that he wants from one of my colleuge who has worked with me in that company. Now i have people who live in USA so i think they have to go to the AAA or Bank and get the letter that i want notorize as they are certifying me that i have worked with that company. Now i dont expect those people to do that favour to me so was trying to find out a way how i can do this by myself. I hope this clarifies the issue to you. This is not for certifying that my documents are the best of my knowledge but certifying that i have worked for xyz company for so-and-so time. Please let me know if there is any way to get out of this suituation.
Thanks

I am sorry if I misunderstood you.
Who ever sign it they have do it in front of Notary. Although some people say not required for experience letters. It is better ask your friend to do that. In many companies they will notary in side their office. Ask them as help.

Can you tell me where are located?

Thanks tammy2

The person i was thinking earlier is in SFO. BUt i have another one who is in NJ but its difficult to ask him to do anything for me. I am located near upstate NY.(albany). I dont know if i can go and get it done with him. How does AAA works?. Also do you need to get it done in a regular paper or what?. I mean take a print out and get it notarized?. But i am sure they will verify the identity so i should ask him to do rather than me doing anything. Anyway thaks a ton tammy2.

one more question...tammy2

what do you mean with this "Although some people say not required for experience letters". I have experience letters but not in the format and not with all the technologies that are mentioned in my labor. some of the technologies are implied whereas in my experience letter i have only high technologies mentioned leaving all low ones.
To overcome this issue my lawyer asked me to submit an affadavit from one of my colleuge. Now what do you mean when you say, "Although some people say not required for experience letters".

To my understand what they mean is if you have a experience letter then there is no need to notory it but incase if you dont have it then what?. I hope this clarifies my query more.
Thanks again...