How to find which category EB1 or EB2

meowmeow1

Registered Users (C)
Pardon my really stupid question, by I am freaking out because of the priority date retrogression. Anyway, my employer filed I140 for me in March, 2003 and it was approved in July, 2003. The thing is since it has been so long ago, I don't know what category the employer filed for me: it is either EB2 or EB3, but how do I tell? I have a copy of the approval notice, which said "Approval Notice: Section: Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg, or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec.203(b)(2)" It all seems to me that my I140 is EB2, but the guy in charge of my case is not in the office and no one can find the copy of my I140 they filed. So I have to make sure: is this really EB2?

Then FOR NOW, I don't have to worry about the retrogression, is that right?

Thank you for your response, and apologize for my stupid question.

You are EB2

meowmeow1 said:
Pardon my really stupid question, by I am freaking out because of the priority date retrogression. Anyway, my employer filed I140 for me in March, 2003 and it was approved in July, 2003. The thing is since it has been so long ago, I don't know what category the employer filed for me: it is either EB2 or EB3, but how do I tell? I have a copy of the approval notice, which said "Approval Notice: Section: Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg, or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec.203(b)(2)" It all seems to me that my I140 is EB2, but the guy in charge of my case is not in the office and no one can find the copy of my I140 they filed. So I have to make sure: is this really EB2?

Then FOR NOW, I don't have to worry about the retrogression, is that right?

Thank you for your response, and apologize for my stupid question.