How to find PD?

g2wantsgc

Registered Users (C)
Fellas,

Though my PD using current emoployer's LCA is August 2002, I grabed the approved I-140 from my previous employer that had a PD of Aug 2000.

My I-485 application was sent on July 7th 2006. The EAD cards have been recieved, the AP has been approved (I haven't received the cards though). The finger printing has been done.

I am not sure though what PD will be in effect?? Whether the current employer's PD will be used or it will be based on previous approved I-140 from a past employer.

The previous employer (the company) went bankcrupt in 2002. But I think it may irrelevant. What do you guys think?

Thanks and I look forward to your comments,
G2

mmrsagili said:
Hi g2wantsgc,
Did you send your previous I-140 along with the new I-140. If so, when approved your new I-140 will have priority date of Aug 2000. Please check the article http://www.murthy.com/news/UDinsigs.html

I also used previous employer's I-140 priority date(Dec 2000) and my new I-140 approval notice and also I-485 approval notice reflects the Dec 2000 prioritiy date. Please see my posting at

http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-221840.html
Thanks for your message. In my case, we didn't include the previous I-140 with the application for new I-140 (Since I couldn't do concurrent processing). Once the new I-140 was received and after waiting for couple of mnths, we decided to use the previous I-140 along with new I-140 and file I-485. I hope this works. The link on Murthy.com also talks about two ways to do that. I guess we went for the second way.

The only caveat is the company I used to work for where I received this previous I-140 went belley up so I don't know what happens. I beleive as long as it was approved, I can get the priority date. Will this be the right understanding?

I am also in the same situation, did your I140 get approved?
What is the PD in yours?

My I140 does not have the old PD, it has the new PD. I am not sure if they go by I140 for 485.