How to find out "Name Check" status

ab_1974

Registered Users (C)
I have tried calling USCIS 10 times about the status of my name check and they do not have any clue about it (whether it is cleared or not). I have also called FBI and they mentioned that their Washington office handles that but they do not have any status check service.

I have contacted my Senator also last week about whether he can find out the status or not. Lets see how it goes.

Any ideas or experiences about the best way to find about name check.

Thanks

PD: 10/2002
RD (I-485): 01/2004
EB3 - Nebraska
India

ab1974,

In the old days (2003/4/5) you could mail FBI and get the status after 6 months or so.

Currently there are two ways --1) Initiate an inquiry for your case through USCIS; 2) Ask immigrations guys in Senetors of your state to check with FBI..

Well...I have tried both today...sent information to my senator also and they sent me some privacy release form before they can initiate an inquiry...Also started a query through USCIS...lets hope I will get an answer....

That is the most difficult question to answer. Even if someone told you he is stuck in the name check it may be not true, unless you can get the written confirmation from the USCIS or FBI.

Unrealiable information

yes it is true. I called both the congerssman's office and the sentor's office. The congerssman's office told me tht my approval is pending background check. However, the senator's office told me that my approval is pending visa avaialbility (visa type is current and available though). Now I do not know which one is right.

I believe CIS officers try to get rid of this just by saying anything.

You may not read too much about the name check here, especially someone posted I am stuck in the name check. The question is: How did you know it? How much certainty do you know about it?