How to contact a Senator? Any use??

from_rep

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My RD OCT 2001.
Received RFE - Jan 2003.
Responded on Feb 25 2003. No response yet!

Can anyone share their knowledge on how to contact Senator's office to give it a push or to get a valid status? Is that worth it? If so, how to proceed? I am from Ohio......

Please update...thanks.....

I was in similar situation. RFE replied on 02/18 and we waited nearly 3 months. Then my attorney told it is good if we can follow up thru Senator's office. She thought it is better if the company contacts the senator rather than the attorney herself. She requested my employer to contact the senator's office with all my details. But luckily when my company contacted the senator's office, they were told that it was just approved the day before they called .

One of my colleague's case was moved from VSC to NSC and back to VSC. When company contacted the senator's office, his case has been approved within a month.

I think there will be some use if we contact senator's ofccie. Atleast they will ask INS why it is being delayed and INS will think about our file.

Good luck

but who to contact? how to contact? is it a good idea to tell the lawyer also that i am contacting senator for a push to my case?

RF Res May '03
AD ???

ASSISTANCE WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

Here is a quote from Sen. Dick Durbin's (IL-D) web site:

"ASSISTANCE WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
As your U.S. Senator, one of my top priorities is to help make sure the federal government’s agencies and bureaus are accessible and responsive to the needs and concerns of my constituents. This part of my web site will assist you in contacting government agencies quickly and efficiently.

BECOMING A CITIZEN:
Becoming a citizen of the United States of America is a long but rewarding process. We encourage you to visit the INS web site to familiarize yourself with the steps you must take in order to make this process go as quickly and smoothly as possible. If you have waited more than 18 months for a response from the INS for any application, please contact our office in writing so that we may assist you in finding out the status of your application."

it's not that difficult to contact or even find out who to contact in the us.s. senate and congress. just follow the links senate.gov or congress.gov. contact your state senators only because they will have a vested interest in helping you.

i contacted mine with great success. i have official letters from both senators offices as well as follow up phone calls from staff member from sen. carl levin's office informing me my I-485 has been approved. In fact, i even made a donation to both campaign funds as sort of a thank you.

deputydawg,

It's good to know that they helped with your case.

Did you contact the Michigan senators via emails or postal mails?How many days after your RD did you contact them?

I am planning on doing the same thing. Thanks.

j99

i contacted them via postal mail just so it looks official. they also responded in like along with a tepelhone follow up after case was approved.

i contacted senators 18 mos after my rd and two mos after INS received response to their RFE.

Does anyone know what to write to the congressman? What kind of information do they need in order to track the case status??

My experience tells me to go in person to your local Senator office and they'll definitly follow up on your request. Try to get case no. ASAP in this way they are obligated to get the response to you.

whathappening

that'll work too, i'm surprised i din't think of that during my case. i guess that'll be the fastest way to get inside their radar and get some sort of follow up committment. good suggestion.