How to check if a company has had any pre-approved labour with them

desi_bunda

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have this general question . Is there any way to check if a company has any pre-approved labour with them ?

Recently I got an job offer from a company who said that they had a pre-approved labour and would transfer it on my name . To be on the safe side I did some background checks for case status (in general for the company A) at the different INS centres using the company's phone number and it said that the phone number does not exist.

Does that mean that the company does not have any pre-approved labour and are just lying to me ??

I had noticed that there was an URL at he INS web site which keeps trackof all the labour from any company . I did the search on company A and it back with zero results .

The company was started around 1999.

Do you guys think that something is fishy or is it normal for company's to not to have their labour approvals listed with INS .

Help please !!

- Desi bunda

Can you tell us which website did you check this ? You could check on this website but the data is only current as of Dec 3, 2003

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

If company A has filed/cleared the case after Dec 3, 2003 then it will not be shown under company's name. The company phone number might have been changed so even AVM might not be able to find it.

You can ask company A if they have any proof/case number for the case. If always good to know before you join them than repent afterwards.

Goodluck!!

I have this general question . Is there any way to check if a company has any pre-approved labour with them ?
never. unless they have and show you the originial you are taking risk.

Recently I got an job offer from a company who said that they had a pre-approved labour and would transfer it on my name its not that easy to transfer it to your name. that labor should match your skills and qualification. you cannot rely on their words. you should first see the original and request a copy and take them to your OWN lawyer and match the skills. . To be on the safe side I did some background checks for case status (in general for the company A) at the different INS centres using the company's phone number and it said that the phone number does not exist. it can be for any reason. a company can have any number of phone number. sometime company maintains a confidential phone number to use it for this purpose. even if you could see the labor online it doesnt mean that it matches your skill or is it available for use. it may be used by other employees. some companies tries to use the labor after its employee quits using ac21 but that company do not have the right to do so and that labor is not the company property anymore.

Does that mean that the company does not have any pre-approved labour and are just lying to me ??

I had noticed that there was an URL at he INS web site which keeps trackof all the labour from any company . I did the search on company A and it back with zero results .

The company was started around 1999.
what state? how many employees? ask them how they have the pre-approved labor? is it due to the fact that original benefiary left the company before 180day of i485 filing or terminated by the company?

Do you guys think that something is fishy or is it normal for company's to not to have their labour approvals listed with INS .
pre approved labor are latest scam. do not rely on their words. you have to see the original and get a copy of it and match you skills using YOUR OWN lawyer. its always better to start from your own labor than going for preapproved labor. labor subsititution cases were severly scrutinized. labor subsitution cases were more risky in california, boston, illinois, delaware, nj and ny areas. its upto you to take the risk.

get everything in writing from that company. if possible clear all your questions in email. it may be useful for later claims if any.

Help please !!

- Desi bunda