How to change DOB and add an "alias" name

time2moveon

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Need your advise.
I received my GC last month. Now I want to change my DOB since it has been recorded incorrectly all this time. Only my Birth Certificate has the correct DOB.Otherwise all my academic record and professional record shows incorrect DOB (actually just the year part).

All this time I did not bother to get it changed because of the GC processing (doing so would have prolonged the process).

The other twist is , my DOB certificate although has the correct DOB, it has a different first name than what is on my all other records.

Now I want to change the DOB and also add an "Alias" name (the one from my DOB certificate.

Can someone please guide me with the change process in sequence. I should actually be asking is it possible to do what I am trying to do and will it cause a problem (if) and when I decide to apply for citizenship.

Any advise is really appreciated.

Regards

time2moveon said:
Folks,

Need your advise.
I received my GC last month. Now I want to change my DOB since it has been recorded incorrectly all this time. Only my Birth Certificate has the correct DOB.Otherwise all my academic record and professional record shows incorrect DOB (actually just the year part).

All this time I did not bother to get it changed because of the GC processing (doing so would have prolonged the process).

The other twist is , my DOB certificate although has the correct DOB, it has a different first name than what is on my all other records.

Now I want to change the DOB and also add an "Alias" name (the one from my DOB certificate.

Can someone please guide me with the change process in sequence. I should actually be asking is it possible to do what I am trying to do and will it cause a problem (if) and when I decide to apply for citizenship.

Any advise is really appreciated.

Regards

I think it is easy to change DOB on your birth certificate :)