How to change address while AOS pending?

joan us

Registered Users (C)
Hi:
I'm just wondering how can I change my address while my I 485 is still pending?
What's the physical address of CA's processing center?
And also anybody knows what's the fax number for that?
Thanks!

Joan

What I did.

1. Sent out AR-11 in certified mail. You can find the address on www.immigration.gov.

2. Called an IIO to update my address on the phone.

I got my approval notice in my new address. Good luck!

Hi, Ben:
Thanks for the reply. Do I use the following address to send in my AR-11 form? I don't need to send this form to the CA processing center, which is located in Laguna ?? I believe my I485 case is processing there.

Immigration and Naturalization Service
Change of Address - Special Registration
PO Box 7134
London, KY 40742-7134

For commercial overnight or fast freight services, only:

Immigration and Naturalization Service
Change of Address - Special Registration
1084-I South Laurel Road
London, KY 40744
-----------------------------------------------
Thanks for the help!

Jessie

how long it takes

Hi Ben,

How long did it take to get the address updated? Currently I am waiting for my EAD, but I am afraid of lossing the card if the address change takes long time (say 3 months).

Thanks,

-xy

I submitted AR-11. Then for local update I send with my RFE response. I later called and confirmed. Last week I received my FP notice to my new address.

Local INS address

Hi, vivek9:
What's the physical address for the local CA INS office?
Thanks!

Jessie

joan us

By law, you have to send AR-11 in 10 days after you move you a new address. Sending AR-11 doesn't update your address for the cases you have filed. That's why either you have to send a letter to the service center to update your address or you call the service center and talk to an IIO. I called that hot line and talked to an IIO to update my address by giving her my A#. Your address should be updated immediately in the system after you give your address to an IIO. I hope this helps.

This is Change of Address link on immigration.gov. You will find the address to send your AR-11 there.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm

digdugxy

The fastest way to update your address for the cases you have filed is calling an IIO to update it on the phone. (An IIO would update your address in the system right away.) Please tell him/her your A#. You can also send a letter with your receipts to the service center where you filed your cases, but it will take some time.

Mail address change request to I-485 P.O. Box or Call

Mail address change request to I-485 P.O. Box or Call
For AOS applicants, when you change address, you can call BCIS or use certified mail to mail your request to your service center, in addition to the AR-11 form sent to Kentucky.

The info is found here:

http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/fieldo...m#anchorCONTACT

Change of Address:
For Naturalization Applications:
Customers with pending applications for naturalization (Form N-400) may report their change of address to the NCSC toll-free at 1 (800) 375-5283 instead of submitting the change in writing. Currently, only applications for naturalization may change their address by telephone.
For All Other Applications:
Customers may report a change of address for any other application submitted to this office by sending a letter to this office. Please include in the letter:

Your name as it appears in the application
Your 8 or 9 digit A-number
Your OLD and NEW address
Clearly mark your letter "ATTENTION: CHANGE OF ADDRESS"

Note: Please send all changes to the same P.O. Box used to file your application.

The address for I-485 is (on the same page):

I-485
P.O. Box 10485
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1048

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

What is the risk of changing address

Hi,
I am also thinking about changing address. I have been in the old appartment for a long time.

Currently I am waiting for AOS, my EAD card is also pending. I have heard at least 2-3 cases of bad experience by changing address.

One of them never got the finger print notice. (He still got his FP notice through the lawyer, but his wife never got it. So even now, he has the greed card, his wife is still pending, the AOS case was filed in Nov 2001)

Another one is that changing address after the AOS is approved, but before the card is received. For three years, this guy is still stamping every year on his passport.

I am really afraid that changing address will put myself into a bad situation, but at the other side, my case will probabely take another year or two, who knows, I really wish I can switch to a better place.

Please advise, how much of the risk we have here.

Thanks,

impatient_one

Before I changed my address, I had the same thought as you. I also heard the same stories. But I had no choice at that time, so I changed my address, sent AR-11, and called an IIO to update my address. About one to months later, my case was approved. I got the approval notice in my new address. My wife also changed address before she got her finger print notice and got the EAD approval. (We called IIO, and sent change address letter to CSC for her.) She had no problem with that either. Hope this can reassure you a little.

only AR11 via regular mail

I just sent my AR11 to the address in london KY... via regular mail.... a week later, When i went to get my iEAD in SJ, IIO told me that my 485 AOS was updated with my new address... EAD is still with the lawyers address but i could change that too if i wanted it to
I think this part of BCIS is the only one working ok.. since they want to track us down ..

DO call IIO, I filed AR-11 and also asked my attorney to update my address. Don't know what he did. But my approval notice got mailed promptly to old address and I never saw my approval notice ( got my passport stamped with my attorney copy). Even that too got mailed to my attorney old address and they collected from old address after some 10 days..

My experience.. for address change USE ALL Channels
1. AR-11 ( which i don't think updates our file)
2. Call IIO
3. Fax address change
4. Ask your attorney to do the same..

hey whats the phone number

hey guys:
You have been talking about calling the IIO to update the address. Which number do I call. My case is at Nebraska Service Center. Please pass on the phone number guys.

thanks