How to bring a parent into the US

desirabletia

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone.. I really need an advise from all of you's immigration guru's.

Me and my father were petitioned by relatives into the US with a parolee status.. We came here and after 3 months he left after helping me out a little bit...( of course , he lost the status , I assume , its been 5 years). We now live in different countries, I have been here for almost 6 years and recenly got my citizenship and the passport.

My Dad was traveling to US before the parole status.

Now, I am thinking of having a family here but I cannot leave him alone, he is getting old , 70 years.

So I really need your advise how to approach this problem..some people say, try getting him a visa, and then apply when he is in US. But Im afraid they wont issue him visa because of the previous history.

Are there requirements ? I just graduated college and didnt find a job yet , so I cannot really file any papers for his support . Are they necessarily needed, or is there any other wy howpeple do it ? I have no idea how this process should go...please help.

My e-mail - desirabletia at yahoo . I appreciate any help or advise in advance.

No need for him to get a visa first. File the I-130 and specify consular processing on the form, and he will be able to wait outside the US while the application is processed, and he would interview for the green card at a consulate.

If you don't have a job or sufficient assets, you can get a co-sponsor who does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks and more q's ..

Hey ! Thanks so much for your advise !
Do you by any chance know is there is a possibility for him not to get approved and how long does this approval take?
Thanks a lot !