How to avoid RFE and speed up AOS (485) processing in CSC?

PCee

Registered Users (C)
Things one can do to avoid RFE and speed up AOS (485) processing in CSC -Please share your experiences and thoughts.

Few things I can think off (correct me if I am wrong)..

1. It is better to send medical exam forms along with 485 filing. If some one advices you that INS takes very long for AOS and by the time they start processing the case your medical exams will expire, so they will send RFE any way, think again. Recently several cases got approved within 6 months time and Medical exam results are valid for one year.

2. Send app. 2 months worth of most recent pay stubs, 3 most recent W2 copies along with 485 filing (If you can attach copies of your tax returns also then that is even better).

Thanks
PCee

No Title

See General Tips on assembling Application for Mailing:
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#H

Item #10 says:
Submit a complete packet of information for each petition or application. If officers have to review prior files or records, the adjudication of the case can be delayed substantially.

I know some one in this discussion group reported that he got RFE for copy of I-140 becasue his attorney didn\'t put seperate copy for AP.

- PCee

Still no Guarantee

All the suggestions that have been made are good. But, even if you send everything that you mentioned the INS can come up with more stuff. I know of a good friend who sent all tax, W2, pay stubs etc..but the INS still asked for the latest stubs & tax returns because the case was pending for more than a year. I am sure that there are also some of our friends who got approval without these documents. With the INS its like playing "Russian roulette". No one knows what they want. I guess each INS approval officer looks at it differently, wants different things and works at a different pace. Just file through a good attorney, take that attorney\'s advice, have faith & keep exchanging information like we all do.

No guarantee is right

I got an RFE from the INS asking for my form I-407 (mine is an unusual case because I gave up a green card some time back and started the process again) - when the original application was sent, the lawyer had attached this form and also made a notation in every form that this had been attached - but I still got an RFE for that particular form. My lawyer tells me that they may have misplaced documents while handling the file! I personally think that the officer probably never bothered to look inside the file for that document and issued the RFE anyway!

RFE reply updated 8/17 and waiting!

"use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments"

spancha,

In INS tips they suggest use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. If your lawyer did that then PROBABLY there is less chance to miss that document! Don\'t you think so?

We all know by now how INS works, probably by making the filing more perfect I guess we can reduce the probablity INS making mistakes. Yes, some times even though we provide all the documents, if it takes very long then probably INS may come back and ask for more recent ones. But I think there is nothing wrong in trying though!

- PCee

No Title

I heard always and seen discussion on this site. No one ever had posted an experience for an RFE for calling frequently to INS. Is this really true ?????...

It makes sense to some extent...

rajesh08,

It makes sense to some extent here is QA from Murthy Chat..
http://www.murthy.com/chat0820.html

Chat User : Hello, Murthyji. Often calling VSC IIOs to check on status of I-485 affect the processing. Will it be recorded in the Online system?

Attorney Murthy : I know the INS says to avoid calling since it takes time away from the officers. If a person calls too many times, s/he may be able to record that information onto the file, though they do not generally do that except in extreme cases. It could possibly result in the person\'s being called for a personal interview to the local INS office.

- PCee

Any one filed without an attorney?

Is there any one who filed 485 on their own? I have a question for you.

While assembling the application if applied for AP and EAD, do I need to make three different packets (one for 485, one for AP and another one for EAD) i.e. three copies of I-140 approval notice etc. Or do I need to make only one set of all supporting documentation and attach all the filled forms?

Thanks
PCee

Getting FP notice is confirmed for not having the interview??

After filing AOS and getting FP, is it understood that they are not going to transfer to Local office for interview? At what stage we know that we are out of Interview and also RFE?

Pls share the correct information after checking the live cases.