How to add/follow to join wife when i am on 485/GC process

Anantha

Registered Users (C)
My 485 process is going on through my EMPLOYER, and i got my Finger Print Notice, but i postponned it ...

I am going to india and getting married next month end.
My wife is not coming to US for another 5/6 months.

Now, how do i add her name in my GC process ? I heard people saying a term called "FOLLOWing TO JOIN" ?
is it only for people who is permanent resident in usa and had married before approval ? or is it for anyone like me ?

Let me know, which will be the easiest way, assuming that she wont accompany me in us for next 5 months.

1. Is it possible, that i can do 485 amendment (add spouse) while she is india ?
(assume i got her a H4 visa, but she will NOT enter usa for atleast another 5 months because of studies etc..etc..)

2. Can we process 485 for me and also process CP (follow to join) for her ? is something like that possible ?

3. Do i have to change my 485 to CP otherwise , and then do (follow to join) for her ?
In that case, i have my H1 validity for another 1.4 years as i entered usa in APR 97.

4. What are all the forms that i have to submit or please explain the process.

similar situation

I and my wife applied for our 485 last March. Since then we\'ve had a baby (born in the USA). Do I need to add our baby to the 485 process as well?

Yes but do I need to include her in the 485 process?

don\'t I have to list the correct # of dependents on I-485?