How soon to get a response from CSC.XII.485@dhs.gov?

fairfield

Registered Users (C)
I sent an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov last week but have not received anything for more than 1 week :rolleyes:

But I saw other people in this forum getting reply very fast before. Just wonder whether anyone else is experiencing the slow down?

You should expect reply within a day

Hi,

So far, I emailed them twice and both the times, I received reply from them within a day. (Standard template of "Name Check Pending").

OK, got a reply just now

"Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks Thank You James A Williams Center Adjudication's Officer Div XII, California Service Center"

what does this mean? anyone got same reply and hear any adjudication within 6 weeks? can I expect to update your guys with good news within 6 weeks?

Fairfield & rxaxhxuxl2000....

Got the same response 4 weeks ago...

Still nothing happened...

How credible those "6 weeks" is a question...

master_chari

It usually takes 3 days to get reply from CSC.

fairfield said:
I sent an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov last week but have not received anything for more than 1 week :rolleyes:

But I saw other people in this forum getting reply very fast before. Just wonder whether anyone else is experiencing the slow down?

That answer is not reliable at all. I think nobody looks at your request. It is a automatic answering system. Your case may be pending on various reasons but they only have a few template answers. If the computer can't find out how to answer it just defaults one.

Why should I know that? Because I got a funny answer: Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks, as long as the principal has been adjudicated.

That is complete BS because I am principal.

your guys burst my bubble of hope so soon :) hmm, let's update the forum whether anything happens in 6 weeks :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
flyer010 said:
That answer is not reliable at all. I think nobody looks at your request. It is a automatic answering system. Your case may be pending on various reasons but they only have a few template answers. If the computer can't find out how to answer it just defaults one.

Why should I know that? Because I got a funny answer: Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks, as long as the principal has been adjudicated.

That is complete BS because I am principal.

flyer,

On the contrary, if the message is "machine generated" it will definitely not put "principal" for you (unless there is a nasty bug in their code).

I heard in another case, the person got a response. Immediately with in a couple of hours got another response cancelling the first one. If the answer is machine generated this doesn't seem to be possible.

Also, if the answer is machine generated, you will get a reply in a few minutes. But, the response from this email takes a few hours to a day.

master_chari

I too got a response...what was the principal applicants "A" number and after i responded, i got a reply immediately that the principal applicant was pending name check...and my application would be considered after principal applicant's name check was cleared...so i dont think its computer generated...

Yep. Its definetly not automated. I sent an e-mail yesterday, inquiring the status of my I-485 and received a one line response today saying that they will be mailing an RFE on my 485.

logicators

Glad to hear that atleast some of you are not getting automated responses.

I felt they gave me one of those standard template ones....undergoing system checks and derivative will be adjudicated only if the principal has been cleared....

i got a replay "your case will be adjudicated within 6 weeks on June 28" nothing happened since then

regarding computer/person generated responses, I suggest a compromized solution:
It is a person with intellect close to computer level. So he/she can choose only from limited number of answers (like computer) but takes several hours or days to respond (like a human) :)

dima66a said:
i got a replay "your case will be adjudicated within 6 weeks on June 28" nothing happened since then

regarding computer/person generated responses, I suggest a compromized solution:
It is a person with intellect close to computer level. So he/she can choose only from limited number of answers (like computer) but takes several hours or days to respond (like a human) :)

Or a person just has a menu of limited number of answers to click but rarely type anything unless he does't know A number. We have so many different cases pending from 3 months to 3 years, Eb2/Eb3, and all of them will be adjuricated in 6 weeks? You got be kidding me.

they just like these words - 6 weeks

I had a letter from them saying: "your case is with officer for final adjudication, you may not hear about it for next 6 weeks"

That letter I got on May 12, 2004.

dima66a said:
they just like these words - 6 weeks

I had a letter from them saying: "your case is with officer for final adjudication, you may not hear about it for next 6 weeks"

That letter I got on May 12, 2004.

May 12, 2004
That explains.

flyer010 said:
Or a person just has a menu of limited number of answers to click but rarely type anything unless he does't know A number. We have so many different cases pending from 3 months to 3 years, Eb2/Eb3, and all of them will be adjuricated in 6 weeks? You got be kidding me.

flyer,

All the long timers should be waiting for "name check" and that is the most popular response given by USCIS.

master_chari

Jeez, as you already saw from dima's case, 6 weeks means nothing but "soon". So the standard reply will be translated nothing more than " adjurication will occur soon." How soon is soon? Only God knows. Did that tell you anything? You tell me. Don't feel bad because I am trying to talk about truth. If you are still convinced that the 6 weeks adjurication answer implies a name check clearance and immediate approval, good luck for you. But if that is not case, don't get too mad. That's all.

dima66,

Did you ask them again why it did not happen in 6 weeks?

master_chari