how soon after getting citizenship can i file AOS for canadian husband?

abish_09

Registered Users (C)
I am a GC holder married to a Canadian Citizen. I am filing my N400 soon so I can have my husband stay here with me and work in the U.S. permanently. (We're so tired of being in a long distance relationship! :( ) My question is how soon can I file Adjustment of Status for my husband? Can I do it as soon as I pass the citizenship interview? Do I have to wait 'til after the oath taking? Or is there a waiting period I am not aware of before he can file his I-485 after getting my citizenship? Any comments or opinions will be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

abish_09 said:
I am a GC holder married to a Canadian Citizen. I am filing my N400 soon so I can have my husband stay here with me and work in the U.S. permanently. (We're so tired of being in a long distance relationship! :( ) My question is how soon can I file Adjustment of Status for my husband? Can I do it as soon as I pass the citizenship interview? Do I have to wait 'til after the oath taking? Or is there a waiting period I am not aware of before he can file his I-485 after getting my citizenship? Any comments or opinions will be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

Same day you have your Oath.
Do not forget (in case you didn't do that) that you have to file an I-130 for your husband too.