How should I inform BCIS about my new address ?

VELTURI123

Registered Users (C)
I am moving my residence , I have filed for 485 ,EAD .How should I inform BCIS about my new address ?

thanks

When I moved, Called the NSC phone number, by providing the LIN numbers to the Officer and told them to do the change of address. I believe they changed the address in the system directly.

Received the FP notice to the new address. This has confirmed that they changed my current address in their system.

This was way back in Mar '2002. Now it is BCIS, you should call the 800 number and try to talk to the Officer to do the change of address.

or

Talk to your lawyer and ask him to send the request on your behalf to BCIS

or

You can send a letter to the NSC address provided in the receipt notice requesting to do the change of address for all your receipt numbers (485, EAD, AP), send this letter by register post with return receipt so that you will have a proof that you sent the request. Also send the copy the letter to your Lawyer also.

My experience

This is what I did on 8/26/2003 to have my address changed.

Called 800 number
Selected appropriate options for address change
Spoke to the CS rep
Gave all details for self, spouse and kid (such as receipt number, old addr, new address etc)

Then was told that we were 'all set'.

Yesterday we got mails from BCIS (for each one of us) to the new address confirming that the address on file has been changed and then another mail with AR-11 forms asking us to complete it and send it in 10 days to the address on the form. We had done that already.

Hope this helps.

VELTURI123,

1) you need file a form (AR-11?) to inform your change (all foreigners are required to do so),

2) for your I-485, you need to call 800 number to inform
them again.

yager