How should be Baby Names ???????? Add your thoughts

babunicy

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Give me some thoughts in to my consideration it might help may other Indians who are waiting to come to USA as immigrates too. As Indians the Fist name is very important for the children but in USA the last name is very important. So My wife have filed for Green Card and it is almost the last stage. Since she is a nurse she comes under the schedule A category. Now we are expecting a baby by the end of August so we need to get the passport done fast, but before that we need the name but we have the first name in hand and the confusion how to give the second and last name. My name is Babu K.S which means Babu Kuttarappillil Sebastian. Hear Babu is my name and Kuttarappillil is my house ( Family) name and Sebastian is my Father’ name. So as per in USA the last name will be carry forwarded by the next generation but in India the house ( Family) name will be carry forwarded how should I give the name for my child???? Is it ok with XXXX K.S or XXXX B Sebastian or XXXX Kuttarappillil Sebastian or XXXX Kuttarappillil Babu or any other suggestions which will be more convenient and easy to understand in USA and help for the Name verification in Future In USA. Please post your thoughts as soon as possible.

Babu K.S

babunicy said:
Hi

Give me some thoughts in to my consideration it might help may other Indians who are waiting to come to USA as immigrates too. As Indians the Fist name is very important for the children but in USA the last name is very important. So My wife have filed for Green Card and it is almost the last stage. Since she is a nurse she comes under the schedule A category. Now we are expecting a baby by the end of August so we need to get the passport done fast, but before that we need the name but we have the first name in hand and the confusion how to give the second and last name. My name is Babu K.S which means Babu Kuttarappillil Sebastian. Hear Babu is my name and Kuttarappillil is my house ( Family) name and Sebastian is my Father’ name. So as per in USA the last name will be carry forwarded by the next generation but in India the house ( Family) name will be carry forwarded how should I give the name for my child???? Is it ok with XXXX K.S or XXXX B Sebastian or XXXX Kuttarappillil Sebastian or XXXX Kuttarappillil Babu or any other suggestions which will be more convenient and easy to understand in USA and help for the Name verification in Future In USA. Please post your thoughts as soon as possible.

Babu K.S

This is typical problem with South Indians

Your Family name is last name here. His name will be XXXX Kuttarappillil. Middle name is some thing we do not have India. For example Walker is middle name for All Bush family. So usually we Indians keep Father's name or Husband’s name as the middle name. But I would just ignore the middle name.