How much time it requires to get Immigration Visa stamping?

app0

Registered Users (C)
I send my passport 10 days back and have not heard back from buffalo as yet. As I know personal appearance get it done in one day but not sure how much time it take by post? Any experience to share?

/a :confused:

app0, Our passports are received by CIC on 1/18/2006. Letter said it won't take more than 15 days..So hopefully we will be getting by next week some time...

can some one tell us how long they took for you guys?.

Last edited by a moderator:
recieved at buffalo on Jan 17th.
received passport with immigrant visa on Jan 26th.

Hope it helps.

Jadoo85

7-10 days is the usual, sometimes 15 days if it takes any longer then check to see if they sent it to an old address, it happenned in my case thrown with the coupons in the mailbox at my old apt..not to freak you out but just a heads up

jadoo85/srini88

Thanks for your response.. We received our PP today.. We are planning to land during May 28th weekend..

Any one planning during that time?

HI jkvaisnavi and forum gurus
We received a request to send in the passports for stamping to the canadian consulate in LA this month. Assuming all is well and we get the passports stamped, how long do we usually have before having to land. Also, How long should we stay to get the pr card?
I have Advance Parole and work in US on EAD (recently switched job), will there be any questions about where i am working when i try to re-enter US?
Thank you

The visa is valid one year from your medical..We did out medical on 6/9/2005.. visa issued for us till 6/8/6..

Make sure the date format.. for June 8th, 2006 they print as 8/6/6. so don't get confused..

You can just go and complete the landing process and come back the same day or next day. During that time you can provide the address or you can call them to give the address.. I think they will send you the card in 2-3 weeks.. not sure..

I don't see any issue with the AP.. but read the landing experience thread.. it has lot of info..

Good Luck.

did you guys send the landing fees along with your fingerprints? How long does it take for passport request after you send the medicals & finger prints?

Thanks
Sh_Ad

haven't got my passport after 15 days

hi, there, my passport was delivered at buffalo hsbc center on 2/1. but I haven't got my passport back. is there any way I can contact them? does the fax work? in the past, they never respond. any phone number if possible? I sent my passport 2 weeks after I got passport request. could that be the reason for such delay? appreciate your help and suggestion. thanks.

Thank you for the info.

Thank you for the info JKVAISNAVI.
We have sent in the passports - lets see now.
thx

jkvaisnavi said:
The visa is valid one year from your medical..We did out medical on 6/9/2005.. visa issued for us till 6/8/6..

Make sure the date format.. for June 8th, 2006 they print as 8/6/6. so don't get confused..

You can just go and complete the landing process and come back the same day or next day. During that time you can provide the address or you can call them to give the address.. I think they will send you the card in 2-3 weeks.. not sure..

I don't see any issue with the AP.. but read the landing experience thread.. it has lot of info..

Good Luck.

Sh_Ad - yes we did send the landing fees

Sh_Ad said:
did you guys send the landing fees along with your fingerprints? How long does it take for passport request after you send the medicals & finger prints?

Thanks
Sh_Ad

Sh_Ad - yes we did send the landing fees long ago, actually we sent the money to our lawyer when we hired the firm.

Our case was peculiar so don't rely on my timeframes here.

We had received a request for the interview, we did the medicals before the interview. After the interview, we received another request for a second set of medicals- apparently there was a goof-up, most likely with my uR!#@ sample during the first medical.
After this - i received the approval - took about 4months from the time we took the first medicals.

thx

anstoss214

Fax is the only way, otherwise you have to wait. Sometimes it takes 15 days, sometimes a month or more based on other members responses.

You can email if you know someone in the consulate(in my case lawyers helped me out since there was an issue with mine) Make sure you havent recently moved or that they dont have your old address on file. E status might show the new address but they have ended up sending stuff to old address

interview NM

Hi appo
I'm more or less in the same boat. please tell me what I should do after I get my Canadain visa stamped in my PP. Should I go to US again?

anyone got your passport back recently?

all,

I sent my passport end of jan and haven't got my passport back. anyone got your passport stamped and returned recently? could you please share your timeline (from sending to receiving)? really appreciate if you can post your experience here. kind of worried what happened to mine.

thanks,
anstoss

srini88, thanks for sharing the information. do you happen to know any email I can send or not sure if I can contact your attorney for help? could you please let me know?

thanks