How much time b/w fingerprinting and interview in Dallas, TX area?

rapjp2001

Hi All,

Quick question --

I applied for my US Citizenship in early Sept. at the Texas Servcie Center in Mesquite, TX(I live in Dallas, TX)...

My fingerprinting is on Oct 24th..

My question is -- How much time does it usually take(or has been taking with most folks) between the time they get fingerprinted and they get called in for the interview??? (for this Texas Service Center)

I want to go to India on vacation late Dec. thru end of Jan and based on what I am hearing, it just may be the time when they call me for the interview....

Please help me with information and experiences you all may have...that way I can plan better

Thanks

Rajiv

I am curious too on the timeline between fingerprinting date and the interview date in Dallas. Thanks

My fingerprinting was on August 28th, 2002 and my citizenship interview scheduled for Dec 3rd, 2002 in the Dallas area.

7 1/2 months for me. Feb first week finger printing and sept 3rd week interview.

Waiting for oath.

Dal123

Phillydude..
Yep, thats correct. The Interview was on Dec 3rd, 2002. It took me more than 10 months foe the oath to get scheduled though.

Need update

Is the timing different for people who live in Texas and apply for Mesquite, Texas service center from others who live in other states like NC, SC, GA etc??

Please suggest anyone.

Also, what are the different milestones in getting to US citizenship right from applying till the oath/getting us passport??

Any experienced one can answer.

thanks
Rao

Re: Need update

Originally posted by pamarao

Also, what are the different milestones in getting to US citizenship right from applying till the oath/getting us passport??

Any experienced one can answer.

thanks
Rao

Normal process...

- File N-400 (with all the required documentation and fees)
- Receive FP notification
- Complete FP
- Receive interview notification
- Attend interview and receive a decision
- Receive oath notification
- Attend otah ceremony / receive naturalizaton certificate
- Apply for USC based on the naturalization certificate :D

Has anyone received interview letters recently from Dallas office? If so, please post your timelines......thanks