How much time after response to RFE in Premium Processing?

talktome

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

My I-140 was filed in Premium Processing and it ended up in TSC. We recieved an RFE on Education and Experience a month back.

Now TSC recieved our response to RFE on 18th Dec but it says they will let us know of the result in 60 days.

Aren't they supposed to adjudicate the case in 15 days when filed under Premium Processing? I thought once they recieve a response to the RFE, the 15 day clock is reset.

Any comments...

I'm not sure whether there is any segregation between regular process and premimum processing when it comes to RFE. But in my case within a week I received approval after responded to RFE which is eligibility to pay.
May be it is depending on case-by-case basis, but I'm hoping you will receive it soon if it satisfies what USCIS is looking for.

PP - beyond 15 days..

Hi Guys,

USCIS recieved recieved response to the RFE on 18th Dec 2006. I noticed 2 LUDs on 30th and 31st December although I find it hard to believe that someone would work on those days in USCIS.

I didn't recieve any emails on those LUDs and case status also remains the same. I am not sure what is happening with the case.

Being a PP case, this should be adjudicated in 15 days. But I wonder:

1. If PP cases have gone beyond 15 days to have a decision?

2. If Yes, what is the process of getting $1000 back?

Thanks

What PP?

Gurus/UN,

I really need your help to figure this one out.

I think I am one of those unlucky folks who is caught is this stupid USCIS s***.

I had applied a PERM labor back in Oct 2005 which was audited because of 3 year degree and took almost 1 year to come out of Atlanta PLC. I thanked GOD at that time but I think I need GOD's blessings again.

I thought atleast now I will have an easy path since AUDIT went through. BTW, this is done for future employment. It is not with my current employer.

So we filed I-140 in November and because I wanted to get a 3 year H1B extension since I am beyond 6 years of H1B, I paid $1000 extra to get it done within 15 days.

In a week we recieved an RFE, asking for proof of education and experience. I gave all the documents (again) and the USCIS website was updated stating that they have recieved the response on 18th December and will let us know in 60 days.

Initially I thought it is a standard message that is why it says 60 days. But now more than a month has passed ( that must have had atleast 15 business days) and there is still no decision on my I-140.

Just yesterday night, I was thinking.. the dates for EB3 stand at 8 May 2001 and we are at Jan 2007. Lets say the dates move by 4 weeks in next 6 months as has been the trend in the past, this will imply that a person who lands in US and files his GC the first day is still not guaranteed a GC in 6 years of H1B. This seems like a big scam of making money out of legalized high skill workers and then showing them the door once they have contributed to the ailing Social Security and Medicare.

Some people see a light at the end of the tunnel but to me this seems like a black hole that even NASA cannot find.

Any hopes?????????????????

Legals vs Illegals

All I've seen here is legislations for illegals and nothing for the ones who are legal paying taxes and contributing to the social. What legals get is a tedious process of GC, RFEs, degree rejections (whereas same they accept for working on H1B) and risks travelling during the period. I'm unable to figure out why is the US system tough for the ones who've been legal and try to get a GC going through a system. Illegals get main focus and amnesties and become legal more quick than the legals. Something shame for law obeying minds. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Talktome - I'm on the same boat. They ARE obligated to adjudicate in 15 days after receiving a response to RFE (it's on USCIS website). However, according to my attorney, they don't hold themselves accountable once the RFE is issued within 15 days. I'm on my 12th day, and there's no status update since they received my response to a NOID on the 19th.

I would call them first. I know you need a lot of luck to get to someone who knows what s/he is doing, and chances are they'll give a "dedicated premium processing number" at your Service Center, which typically doesn't work (automatic hangup after like 1000 rings). If that doesn't get you anywhere, ask your attorney to initiate a query. Contact the congressman's office in the mean time. Take the story to the media if you have a way to. Don't give up without a fight.

I will do exactly the same if I don't hear from them in 4 days.