How much longer?

Ken27

Registered Users (C)
I have submitted my I-864 and the Visa Application about 1 month ago. My wife is in Brazil.

How do I check the status on-line. I can only find the status of the I-130, but have not been able to find where to find the current status.

I sent these items about 1 month ago. These things are supposed to be sent to a consulate in Brazil and they are supposed to contact me or my wife. Anyone know about how long it will take before we hear from the consulate?

Are we talking weeks, months or years? (Hopefully not the latter)

When I look up the status for my application, all I get is the information that the I-130 has been approved. When or where can I get further updates?

My last letter with the visa application mentioned that I need to submit an I-864, which was already submitted. How can I make sure that it is being processed?

Thanks for you help.

That is true, I am doing this through NVC. Is that why I cannot get status on-line? Or is there another site I can go to?

I have not got any receipts. I got a receipt for the visa application, but nothing regarding the I-864. They gave me a list of things my wife needs to do according to the consulate in Brazil (Criminal records, Shots, Medical Exam, etc)

I will try to call them, but if there was a website, that would be even better.

I called the NVC and am very dissapointed. They received all of my documents on July 7, and the recording claims it takes 6 to 8 weeks for approval. After approval, then they send everything to Rio, Brazil, and hopefully an interview letter gets sent.

It looks like my wife will not be able to come here until October (If I do not get an RFE), almost 14 months after our marriage.

It used to take 3 months to get a Brazilian here. Not it takes a year.

Put me on the list of those frustrated with immigration.