• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

how much do i need in my bank account

Idiot

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

Ok my interview is coming up soon getting a bit worried about this evidance of support stuff.

I have no sponsor and will be relying on money in my bank account. how much will i need i have a couple of different bank accounts with different amounts in them and a savings account maturing in april (AFTER MY INTERVIEW) with the bulk of my money.

so how much will i have to prove i have 10, 15, $20,000? will bank statements be enough. Also i hear if u have an education they are not as strict on the evidance of support stuff is this true? I have an undergraduate and am finishing up a post grad at the moment.

thanks for your help :cool:

U may not need it

Idiot,
Na wa for this your screen name oooooo.

If u are not a family person you may not need the evidence of support.
A friend of mine won the DV2006 and was given his Visa without even asking for Bank stements not to talk of evidence of support.
It is only a family person that needs the affidavit of support as far as i know.
Better still u could contact the embassy to be double sure.
Are u a Nigerian?

dear ido,

as i know it differ on your profession. ıf you are engineer then bank account 12000usd is enough for single. thts i have got some experience from my friends -in previous DV outcome.