How many waivers do I need?

Alex_nsk

Hi guys. I'm sorta puzzled. I had my first J-1 HRR 2004-2006 sponsored by DOH. After completing Master, I returned to my country and apply for new J-1 2006-now HRR. I'm in the same university and in the same track but in PhD program now. I want to apply for NOL. How many waivers do I need?
Thank you.

Hi Alex_nsk,

The same institute sponsered your J1 visa (for MA and for PhD), you have been in the same track, the same university, and no time break between your MA and PhD? Then, I think you need to apply just one waiver.

Good luck!

Good luck!

You need only one waiver. I had a similar situation but applied for one waiver and i'm about get it.

hello, I'm in a nearly similar situation, but in my case, I had first a j-1 university student visa (jan-may 2008), and then a j-1 trainee visa (jan 2009-jan 2010). In both apply the 2 year rule. They have different sponsors and the staying has been made in different kind of institutions.. Shall I ask for two waivers and if I only ask for one, I still will have to do the two year? Please help, as I'm about to start the process of asking the waiver and need to know how many I should ask.

I have three J-1 visas (3 different DS-2019 from 2 organizations). If all of your residency requirements are based on the same class (i.e. skill list), then you can simply request one waiver. When you apply for the waiver, they will allow you to declare multiple DS-2019's.