How many of you submitted Tax return, W-2, etc. with your initial I-485 filing?

xdai

Registered Users (C)
Just want to see what's the percentage of people who submitted their Tax return, W-2 form, Pay Stub, etc. when they initially filed their AOS application. I did not, nor did my attorney ask me to do that.

Now, one question, will that increase my chance to get a RFE?

This is the first thread I've posted on this board since I became a member. Hope to get some answers.

Thanks.

Most of the RFE's regd paystub and tax returns are coming up, if the situation seems to be this way:

Some companies will not file H1 extension for an employee, as he would have already filed AOS and got his EAD in Hand before the current H1 expiry. In this situation, INS, when the case is assigned, will see that the person's H1 was expired and there was no supporting document (H1 extn) in file by the same company. But candidate was issued EAD. As EAD can be used to work for the same or any other company, INS may want to get clarified here whether the person is working for the same company or another company on EAD. If another company, whether he is in the same or similar position under AC21 law. Hence may issue an RFE to submit the employment letter, paystubs, w2 copy etc..for a certain period.

I guess this will be issued when the case is reviewed before being assigned. After the case is reviewed, ad if the documents are okay, then when assigned, the officer do a final check with other security checks and then approve it.

Hope you got clarified.

Not required

by INS as per I-485 instructions. I did NOT give them anything. I don't mind if I get RFE since I can provide all the info. RFE does not delay your approval substantially.

INS did not ask for it in I-485 forms. Looks like quite a bit of 485 population is getting RFE on W2/ Tax returns. I did sumbit W-2 but certainly did not submit tax returns copies.