How many days (total) needed in chennai?

BNair

Registered Users (C)
Please help with these questions?

1. If I have Appointment on Jan 24th, is it enought that I reach chennai on the 21st? If not, how many
   days in advance of the appointment date should I be reaching Chennai to have Lab/Medical etc. done
   in time?

2. Can I book the Listr Lab. and Doctor\'s appointments in advance?

Thank you very much.

No Title

My suggestion would be do your Lister,drafts and photo on Mon 21,
do medical on Tue 22, leave 23 as a buffer and prapre all the docs.
Then go fresh on 24 for interview.
Better to put a one day buffer, in case if some thing beyond our control happens, no need to worry.

No appt at Lister. Make appts for Medicals.

No Title

Also ask somebody to take Demand Drafts in your city in india. (By a nationalised Bank). So that you dont have to worry about DD\'s in chennai.

Go to Lister/Doctor take Immi. Photos UR done.

Thanx TL

What do you need to take to Lister Lab and to Doctor?

Please add to this list:

Documents to take to Lister Lab:
1). Appointment Letter
2). Medical test result if any from US.
3). Money

Documents to take to Doctor:
1). Appointment Letter
2). Medical test result if any from US. (for those people who have already done their medicals in US).
3). Money.

From Chennai Consulate Website FAQ

Q: How do i arrange medical exam?
A: In consultation with the U.S. Public Health Service, we have expanded our panel physician program in Chennai. Applicants may choose whichever of these designated physicians is most convenient for them, though all applicants must first have tests performed at Lister Laboratory. Applicants may choose whichever of these designated doctors is more convenient for them. At the time of the scheduled medical examination, the designated doctors will require that everyone present a valid passport, the original visa appointment letter, and four (4) recent identical color passport-sized photographs. Applicants must make all arrangements for medical examinations, tests, and vaccinations with the doctors directly.
The medical exam should occur after the laboratory tests and be at least two working days before the IV appointment. Please telephone the doctors during
working hours and make an appointment. Bring the completed laboratory results with you. The completed medical reports, which will be given to you by the physician, must be brought to the consular section of the Consulate General at the time of your visa interview.

The fee for the medical examination is as follows:
>Rs. 450 for general physical check and administration of vaccinations
>Rs. 600 for initial laboratory tests (fees up to Rs. 3300 if additional tests are needed)
>Rs. 3450 maximum for vaccinations

The fees must be paid in cash directly by you to the laboratory and the doctors. If further tests are advised by the doctors, you must be prepared to undergo them and pay the related costs.
Normally, children under 15 years of age are not required to undergo chest x-rays, blood tests, or the HIV anti-body test, but they must undergo immunizations and a general physical examination.
The medical reports are valid for a period of one year from the date of your medical examination. The examination must be repeated if the reports have expired or will expire prior to your entry into the United States.