How many April 02 filers still around?

LIBDAY

Registered Users (C)
While I am genuinely happy that the latest processing date is June 4, 2002 which will benefit many people, I just cannot understand the logic here. Any fellow April filers still out there? Pls respond. I am furious at the way VSC conducts its business.

ND April 2002
1st FP: August 2002
2nd FP: October 2003
RFE RD: March 4, 2004
AD?
EB2

LIBDAY said:
While I am genuinely happy that the latest processing date is June 4, 2002 which will benefit many people, I just cannot understand the logic here. Any fellow April filers still out there? Pls respond. I am furious at the way VSC conducts its business.

ND April 2002
1st FP: August 2002
2nd FP: October 2003
RFE RD: March 4, 2004
AD?
EB2

I am a fellow April filer, but not furious :)

ND April 2002
FP1 October 2002
FP2 June 2004
AD Hopefully, 2004

LIBDAY said:
Milko,

Are you being sarcastic? How can you not be furious? How can you stay cool.

No, I am not. I am really not furious. I am a little impatient at this point, but not furious. Things are moving and it is a matter of time before we all get there (hopefully). I've explained my views towards USCIS several times and they boil down to this: it is the lack of funding and priority given to their mission and operation and the overwhelming amount of bureocracy that was in place and still somewhat is to blame, not the people. So, if you are furious at the dates, you should probably direct your anger in several different directions.

Another fact is that I don't have any additional extenuating circumstances that would make my GC an immediate priority, I would like to get it ASAP, but the waiting is part of the process. Anyhow, good luck and hope to see you celebrating soon...

Milko_Djurovski said:
No, I am not. I am really not furious. I am a little impatient at this point, but not furious. Things are moving and it is a matter of time before we all get there (hopefully). I've explained my views towards USCIS several times and they boil down to this: it is the lack of funding and priority given to their mission and operation and the overwhelming amount of bureocracy that was in place and still somewhat is to blame, not the people. So, if you are furious at the dates, you should probably direct your anger in several different directions.

Another fact is that I don't have any additional extenuating circumstances that would make my GC an immediate priority, I would like to get it ASAP, but the waiting is part of the process. Anyhow, good luck and hope to see you celebrating soon...

"lack of funding":

From "www.aila.org" advocacy62904.pdf

Although questioned about the relatively small budget earmarked for backlog reduction, in stark contrast to that for immigration enforcement, Mr. Aguirre repeatedly denied the need for additional funds to accomplish backlog reduction goals.

cinta said:
"lack of funding":

From "www.aila.org" advocacy62904.pdf

Although questioned about the relatively small budget earmarked for backlog reduction, in stark contrast to that for immigration enforcement, Mr. Aguirre repeatedly denied the need for additional funds to accomplish backlog reduction goals.

Well, that is clearly a political play, in other words, if you start barking against the hand that feeds you, you might not live in the political arena too long and Mr. Aguirre is just saying what a government official in his position should. Especially in the current climate, where, if you are working with a DHS fixed budget, taking money away from ICE and other enforcement programs might go against the presidential and White House initiatives to enforce security.

It also looks like they are using the old Bill Clinton (remember him?) :))defense, "...depends what your definition of IS is..." :)) I am sure they (DHS) can argue for months on why and how the formula works, has worked and what it accounts and does not account for. I don't think they will, because the judge has clearly indicated (and it makes sense) that he is not interested in putting a time limit on processing times and saying "3 months, you win, 12 months, you fail.". Whether the immigrationportal.org can argue these numbers is also questionnable, but it could be one of the things that is brought up in the "discovery" process, as suggested by the judge. If I was portal.org, I would be arguing against inefficiencies in the process and the excessive bureocracy that veils this process. I am sure some of this might come up if the right questions are asked in the discovery process.

The agency itself does not have a strong case here, but neither does immigrationportal.org, IMHO. I think the strategy for USCIS and DHS is stall, until they can show that improvements have been made and for immigrationportal.org, exhibit enough legal, political and media (PR) pressure to influence change and improvement in this arena, by bringing this plight to the forefront.

"We don't need extra funds to fight backlog!" - Well, we even not sorry for backlog!

cinta said:
"lack of funding":
Mr. Aguirre repeatedly denied the need for additional funds to accomplish backlog reduction goals.

Well, this's their common attitude:
"We don't need any oversight security position for US" (that means: WE SO GREAT AT FIGHTING TERRORISTS OURSELVES);
"We don't need any additional funding to reduce backlogs" (that means: THERE IS NO ANY BACKLOGS AT ALL. WHO CLAIMS OPPOSITE?)

voronv said:
Well, this's their common attitude:
"We don't need any oversight security position for US" (that means: WE SO GREAT AT FIGHTING TERRORISTS OURSELVES);
"We don't need any additional funding to reduce backlogs" (that means: THERE IS NO ANY BACKLOGS AT ALL. WHO CLAIMS OPPOSITE?)

It has very little to do with pure attitude:

Would you let someone and who oversee your security if you were the most powerful country in the world?
The funding remark has to do with political reasons and also self-promotion, in other words, maybe this guy is out to prove that he is a great manager and that he can do more with less.

Milko_Djurovski said:
It has very little to do with pure attitude:

Would you let someone and who oversee your security if you were the most powerful country in the world?
The funding remark has to do with political reasons and also self-promotion, in other words, maybe this guy is out to prove that he is a great manager and that he can do more with less.

He is such a great manager that even when he had the money he was unable to use it but rolled it over to the next fiscal year! (research from mpi in the past)

Today I requested to open an inquiry on my case status

LIBDAY said:
I am genuinely happy that the latest processing date is June 4, 2002 which will benefit many people

Well, I see the only benefit: the right to initiate investigation.

This is exactly what I did today, first thing in the morning.

The lady on a phone was friendly and professional, she even noticed that I did an address change (the other b...ch I spoke to 3 weeks ago told me that she couldn't confirm my address change). She asked my I485 receipt #, A# and address and I did the same for my kid. As for the wife she has to call herself.

She told they will mail me within 30 days. I don't keep too much hope, though, because from this forum experience we know this's not always true what they promise.

My RD: 04/18/2002
FP2: 05/20/2004

cinta said:
He is such a great manager that even when he had the money he was unable to use it but rolled it over to the next fiscal year! (research from mpi in the past)

Not quite sure that the fact you mentioned is evidence of being a poor manager. If it is true (I have no reason to doubt your information), it would be quite an unusual practice, especially uncommon within the governmental agencies, that not all the money is spent. The better question is, did it roll over into their budget again or was allocated elsewhere (I am showing my lack of knowledge on how government budgets work), the point being, since immigration enforcement really was not that high on the political radar before 9/11, perhaps there were more worthy causes to put the money to.

My point is that I refuse to adopt a negative attitude about this (CIS actions and plans) right away and I will give these guys a chance to improve, of course under constant scrutiny. The reasons of how the CIS will change for the better are not all that important, the important fact is that it changes permanently and enables a better, safer and faster immigration processing for future immigrants. This is coming from a guy waiting for 25 months now, so I think I can speak fairly objectively. Sorry for the long response...

Milko_Djurovski said:
Not quite sure that the fact you mentioned is evidence of being a poor manager. If it is true (I have no reason to doubt your information), it would be quite an unusual practice, especially uncommon within the governmental agencies, that not all the money is spent. The better question is, did it roll over into their budget again or was allocated elsewhere (I am showing my lack of knowledge on how government budgets work), the point being, since immigration enforcement really was not that high on the political radar before 9/11, perhaps there were more worthy causes to put the money to.

My point is that I refuse to adopt a negative attitude about this (CIS actions and plans) right away and I will give these guys a chance to improve, of course under constant scrutiny. The reasons of how the CIS will change for the better are not all that important, the important fact is that it changes permanently and enables a better, safer and faster immigration processing for future immigrants. This is coming from a guy waiting for 25 months now, so I think I can speak fairly objectively. Sorry for the long response...

I have been waiting for almost 24 months for the I-485 if this is the criterion that USCIS is not holding up to. If the I-140 is another basis as in I-140 and I-485 concurrent then my first I-140 from March 2001 should make the priority along with another I-140 in July 2001, or my LC from 2000 after seven years of H1-b.
This is my belief: All old cases from 2001 and early 2002 should be processed first, whether the applicant likes it or not, wants it or not. Within this class, all non-current cases should be processed first and then start the con-current cases. In the same spirit, when all these cases are done, then they can start the implementation of memos, i.e. Concurrent adjudication of 140 and 485. This is for FAIRNESS, because as a government agency they should follow ethical norms and american values.

Now to the money and the policies and politics: Some people want their GCs for a lot of reasons (same holds for companies) as soon as possible;i.e. follow the congressional belief of six months. You have the right to wait for years and give USCIS credit for a lot of innovative ideas and backlog reduction initiatives. Not me, not for a moment because even if tomorrow they provide a solution, it is alrady TOO LATE! They already failed me and one is enough (they did fail a lot more!). There may be a chance that they eliminate the Backlogs by 2006 plus minus a couple of years. Bet on the plus side. This is not what I am about. I am talking for myself and the people that they feel they are being cheated and failed. Based on these and the facts, I am in no mood to give them any credit, none whatsoever!

The ICE and enforcement get a hundred times more budget and they are failing again, but this is not my problem, even though I can express my opinion. Look at the illegals, the border, the people being deported, etc.

Good manager or not: We are trying to show that money is not the only problem. The fee increase may provide additional money for the 2006 milestone. I can tell you he was the Import/Export Bank chief, he is a Bush family friend from the last 15 years or so, he is good in manipulating numbers and algorithms and the Import/Export BAnk had a great deal of outsourcing business (China). Not an immigration guy. On one Indian meeting he would not tell what the I-485 application is!

Worthy causes: The money does not go over to another agency. That is not how the Government works or does not; it rolls over to the next fiscal year where it may or may not be used. The same holds for the Immigration numbers: The Backlogs nullified the INA mandate for both the Family and Employment based numbers for the last years. So you can think outside the box now, not just what the average immigration lawyer says. Not to mention the unsed numbers of Family that go into the Employment based category. You did not hear about that, did you?

Further more I do not think they are improving the Immigration for the future immigrants, not a bit: They are just using the 1996 harsh provisions to deport a lot of innocent people, they deny applications at the max, etc. where is the improvement? Ashcroft being the most popular name in Federal courts and almost never appearing in front of one?

There is a lot involved but this is already long.

Last edited by a moderator: