How long will it take to receive RFE ?

dan dan

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

When I called VSC I was told that an RFE was issued on 4/2/01. My employer still hasn\'t got it. How long does it typically take to actually get the RFE? Anyone else in a similar situation?
TIA

No Title

When I called VSC last friday I was told that it may take
20 days for a RFE to be sent out from the date rfe is requested by an officer. It\'s due to the internal typing
backlog ? Thought my typing is slow. Don\'t think it will
take that long.

No Title

dan dan,

ditto. I have the same scenario. On April 2nd, IIO said that additional info is requested in my case but the letter has not been sent yet. She said it could take 7-10 business days to receive it. I am eagerly awaiting what they have requested so I can prepare my response.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

No Title

I just checked my AVM and now it has been updated. It says we mailed a request for additional info on April 4th. If you do not receive it within 14 days, contact an Immigration officer.

No Title

The AVM now says that the RFE was mailed on 4/9/01. So I guess I\'ll have to wait for a week. MKH please let me know when you get yours and what its about.

No Title

When I talked to the iio on 4/04, I was told that an RFE was raised that day and it would take another 20 days to be mailed out. Consistent with other post. And again maintaining consistency, the AVM is updated today with "...sent out on April 9th...if you do not receive in 14 days, contact immigration officer..."

Seems like VSC is at it again! Doing things in bulk. Similar to what we saw about 5/6 months ago with the 8/99 and 9/99 cases.