How long to clear name check

gcsuffer

Registered Users (C)
I fingerprint last week. My fingerprint was clear the same day.

Sent an email to fbi to ask about Name check status, I get no reply. How long does it take for them to reply typically . (I am sure my name is not even close to any terrorist. I believe the computer should be able to handle the name check without human looks at it.)

I filed a FOIPA Name Check last week and got the result. My name has "no record".

It is clear about 7 days. I guess USCIS should get my name check soon or has got my name check result already.

However, I have not heard from FBI if they send my name check result to USCIS. Name check should just take a few days if your name is not close to any terrorist!

I also fingerprinted last week. FBI sent the result to USCIS the same day I fingerprinted! Now, I am waiting again!

Last edited by a moderator:
unitednations said:
7 days? How did you file it so fast and get the response back so fast?

I just faxed my Name Check request to FBI last Tuesday. I got the name check result from FBI this afternoon (FBI sent me a letter). It is fast. Now, it all depends on USCIS.

gcsuffer said:
I just faxed my Name Check request to FBI last Tuesday. I got the name check result from FBI this afternoon (FBI sent me a letter). It is fast. Now, it all depends on USCIS.

Did you receive a receipt for your request during the 7 days?