How long takes for FBI name check?

april_qi

An inquiry of my Name Check associated with my Adjustment of Satus application(I-485 to GC) was send from CIS on 04/2002. It has been 3 more years since then and according CSI that there is no response from FBI as of today.
On 4/15/05, I sent my own name check inquiry to FBI and surprisingly, FBI responded in 9 days and said that there is no investigatory interest and criminal records match my name in their database.
Now according to the processing time post on CIS website,they are now handling the I-485 files dated 4/1/2005,then where is my file and how long takes to complete it?

Does anyone have experience or advice on my case,thank you very much!

Call your congressman , senator and everyone else - everyday non-stop ( don't worry about annoying them- they will and should help you). They have your file somewhere at the bottom of a drawer and they have forgotten about it. If you keep waiting it will never be cleared. Search this forum and google on fbi name check and you will find info

april_qi said:
An inquiry of my Name Check associated with my Adjustment of Satus application(I-485 to GC) was send from CIS on 04/2002. It has been 3 more years since then and according CSI that there is no response from FBI as of today.

Did you atleast have your adjustment interview or has that been dragging as well?