How long take Vermont got FP from local INS

WaitingForI485

Registered Users (C)
I did my FP on Feb 22, so far the AVM still say "FP notice been mailed on Jan 21,...", I did FP in Newark by ink instead of computer, is it the reason take that long? Anybody have same experiment?
Thanks.

No Title

Iheard my friend said there\'s a phone number of FBI to call to check if your fingerprint is cleared. Is that true? Anyone has that number on hand?

My husband did FP same day as me, Feb 22, but using computer do FP

INS AVM showed his FP received by vermont on FEB 27. Is it because he is using computer, mine is ink?
FBI # to check: 304-625-5590

No Title

Maybe. Don\'t worry, it will be in. Have you called the FBI number? Is this number for all VSC applicants or only for your state?

No Title

I think that FBI is not only limit to my state.
I never call that number before, my process haven\'t go that step yet. i think after vermont got my FP from local INS, and send that to FBI, then it\'s time to call.

No Title

I did computerized and it took 3 day for AVM to update the status. But this should not matter unless they are processing the current month of Ur receipt date and Ur finger prints have not been received by INS.

No Title

should be FBI check the FP before INS process my file?
or INS begin send FP to FBI only when my RD become current process?

And how long usually take FBI to check record for one people\'s FP?
one month or longer?

thanks lot for the reply.

In my case FP was electronic and AVM was updated with "FP recd

and processing has resumed ..." within 72 hours.
If the FP is manual then it takes around 6-8 weeks for AVM to get updated. As soon as FP is given by u the prints are sent to FBI. INS does not wait for ur RD to become current to start FP process.

Same case as you !!

Did FP on 02/27. FP Was taken on a Card. My wifes\' FP were taken using Computer. Her FP was cleared and sent back to INS on 03/01 and AVM updated accordingly. AVM in my case still gives old message \'FP Notice mailed...\'.

When it is appropriate to call FBI ?? Do I need to leave more time..

Thanks

No Title

I am not sure when is good time to call FBI. My question is what time our FP been sent to FBI, the time AVM been updated or even before AVM updated.
and I heard from my coworker who is a cop before that FBI can just use computer to compare computerized FP, but for ink one, they need to manually compare every circle of every finger, don\'t know whether it take longer time.

Approved...

PD - 09/07/99
RD - 04/11/01
ND - 06/11/01
FP - 11/09/01
Approved on 03/07/02
EAC - 01-200-xxxxx

So it\'s great news for RFEs

If the electronic FP can reach Vermont office in 3 days, it would be great for RFEs regarding finger print. Also if you have a chance, try to avoid the ink one, which is dirty and uncertain...

Good luck.