How long should you work once you get GC?

MyGCUserID

Registered Users (C)
EB3/NSC/PD July 2002/COB: India/I140 approved Apr 2005/Biometrics August 2005/ I-485??

Assuming my I-485 gets approved in October, if I get laid off in Novemmber, will my Green Card be retracted? What happens if I quit the company that sponsored my GC, can they retract my GC application? What I am trying to get at is there any rule/condition that specifies for how long you should be employed with the company that sponsored your Green Card, once your Green Card is approved? And what are the repurcussions if u violate this?

Thank you very much!!

Once your Greencard is approved it does not matter if you are laid off immediately. If you want to leave voluntarily then the 30-60-90 day rule is used. under 30 days you will probably have a problem between 30-60 days you may have a problem over 60 days you will have less of a problem and over 90 days you should be safe to leave your job.

If for any reason you get laidoff after you get the GC then it would be a good idea to keep all the necessary termination papers/documents that your employer gives you.

Some companies do offer a voluntary layoff option.
I wonder if that would still be treated as getting laidoff, anyone had a similar experience ?

Thanks

ENGLAND said:
Once your Greencard is approved it does not matter if you are laid off immediately. If you want to leave voluntarily then the 30-60-90 day rule is used. under 30 days you will probably have a problem between 30-60 days you may have a problem over 60 days you will have less of a problem and over 90 days you should be safe to leave your job.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Is there any official documentation on this?

Thanks a lot!!